Recent content by Baddreams

1. Baddreams

Supermicro 732 $35 OBO + shipping

That case is a tank. At $80 shipped it's not a bad deal.
  2. Baddreams

Smoking hot deal: Quanta LB6M 24-port SFP+ 10GbE $500 BO

Cheers! I'm interested in the switch but not interested in 60 db of noise. I've had great success with swapping out fans in the past, trying to see if I can get away with it here as well.
  3. Baddreams

Did you happen to take any other pictures while you had it open? Curious to see the fan locations and available real estate.
  4. Baddreams

Bonus points if the lights dim when you turn it on.
  5. Baddreams

10GB Performance issues

Just an FYI, if you email Mellanox they will likely send you some brackets for free, assuming they still have them.
  6. Baddreams

Supermicro X11 and RAM selection

I can confirm Crucial 16GB DDR ECC 2400 works with a X11SSi-LN4F
  7. Baddreams

10Gb SFP+ single port = cheaper than dirt

If there isn't already a support group for you I volunteer to start one. :)
  8. Baddreams

FWIW, if these cards are normal rebranded Mellanox cards (MT26448) then I've had great success using them (the Mellanox equiv, both single and dual port) under FreeBSD 9.2, 10.0, 10.1; ESXi 5.5; Windows Server 2012 R2; XenServer 6.5
  9. Baddreams

Call up Mellanox, they'll send you some brackets for free.
  10. Baddreams

2.5 JBOD chassis options

Think this could be used for dual domain setups?
  11. Baddreams

infiniband ethernet on vsphere and etc...

Yeah, I tried like hell to get iSER working with ConnectX-2 cards in a variety of setups, in the end the only way it would work was between two Linux machines, one running the Linux-IO iSCSI target. But, man oh man was it fast.
  12. Baddreams

Do Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN 10GbE Cards work in FreeNAS?

Which is why I said you may have to compile a custom kernel. And by custom I mean add two lines to the kernel conf. Is that activity not allowed in FreeNAS?
  13. Baddreams

Questions About Moving to 10gbe

I have not had that same experience, granted I avoid the FreeNAS forums like the plague.
  14. Baddreams

Questions About Moving to 10gbe

Thats because the FreeBSD developers are reviewing code submitted by Chelsio, they do the same with Mellanox. Intel, I think, just sets up their own BSD environment, gets everything happy and says "here ya go".