Recent content by BackWoodsTech

1. B

New SilverStone Case Series

I know that this site has a lot of emphasis on large storage capacity, but time to time we see some interesting small form factor options, and I particularly enjoy some of the items Patrick and others have highlighted in this regard. There aren't a whole hell of a lot of options out there for...
  2. B

FS: 4x8gb DDR3

Now accepting best offer(s).
  3. B

FS: 4x8gb DDR3

For Sale: Kingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333 Server Memory Model KVR1333D3E9S/8G 4x8GB $55 each. Buy all 4 includes shipping. Shipping to lower 48 USA only please. Opened but in boxes, chips were put in server for just a few hours of up-time for testing. I've got pics...
  4. B

ArcGIS for Server cache farm

Hey there. Not trying to hijack your thread, but I do quite a bit with AGS myself...usage and implementation, not so much on architecting and large deployments like what it sounds you're up to. Curious about what your caching cycles are and if your just recaching everything in bulk or if...
  5. B

Password reset bug?

I'm trying to reset my password. I receive the auto generated one no problem and can log in, but when i go to reset in my profile, every time i try a 'current password is not correct' error appears. Am I missing a step?
  6. B

Zotac ZBOX - All-in-One - ZBOX-BI320-U-W2

Hey there. I see that Newegg has it in barebones for $120. I got my hopes up for a minute when the advertisement said it had Wireless and BT, but the review indicated the opposite.
  7. B

ECS LIVA

@Patrick Yeah, I'd sure like to see some reviews on more devices like this. What's challenging for me is finding power consumption for these small devices. I mean, you can find TDP pretty easy but that's just part of the story. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the operating budget to buy test...
  8. B

ECS LIVA

Hmm...I live off the grid...could this be answer for a low-power Plex server? (Strictly for pushing out music to myself only).
  9. B

The end of the Dell C6100 era?

I tried the other day too. I had asked about it, but I still wasn't clear because the DCS models were custom configs for various companies. I found this somewhat helpful though, or at least authoritative: What is the difference between Dell Data Center Solutions (DCS) Systems and Dell PowerEdge...
  10. B

Hyper-V Server 2012 USB boot best practices

Jac, I am aware of boards like that, but it wont be anything I will have. That thread really doesn't provide anything conclusive about best practice however. Again, I'm not looking for a 'how to do', this is about addressing the single point of failure. Maybe I'll put on the flame suit and...
  11. B

cant edit Hyper-V Server 2012 USB boot best practices phone 8 Can't edit posts, sorry.
  12. B

Ok, note to those with windows 8 phones...initial post message body input geeks out on this forum. Reply works fine. Anyway, I've read the instructions from MS regarding USB boot, and have actually done it, so this really isn't about the mechanics of creating a bootable USB or anything. I'm in...
  13. B

Silverstone DS380: ITX 8x SAS/Sata Hotswap

I did read that...I had (long shot) hope that perhaps a different PSU could have avoided the issue and that is why I asked. Too bad, that would have been a killer combo IMO.