Recent content by azev

1. A

Users/owners of certain HPE SAS SSDs will want to check and update firmwares.

@Whaaat thank you much for sharing the file, Unfortunately I was not able to flash the firmware to a cisco version :( I think I am now trully stuck until someone can help me find D40W firmware from dell; I tried everything I can think of with no luck. Unfortunately I have no dell system that I...
  2. A

42U server racks $100 each - Local pickup

oh man that is such a great deal !!!
  3. A

5.25" Bay to multiple 2.5" (15mm) drive adapters?

Do you mind sharing how you handle the power connection ?? do you know if you can use those molex to 4pin atx adapter to power the drive bays ?
  4. A

5.25" Bay to multiple 2.5" (15mm) drive adapters?

imho this is a better options for less however without enough negative pressure on the case you might have some temperature issue with the drives.
  5. A

6.4TB Samsung PM1725a 5DWPD Enterprise TLC V-NAND PCIe 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC SSD NEW $999

Interesting, usually I always preferred buying manufacture model instead of re-branded ssd from different hardware vendor, but now I know samsung is the exception.
  6. A

Storage Networking (iSCSi)

Of course you can however your throughput will be limited to the speed of the interface you connect your storage too. One way to mitigate this if you have multiple 1gb ports is to enable multipathing.
  7. A

WD – HGST – STEC 1TB MLC PCIe Solid State Accelerator $75

Here's the driver I am using on mine, I tested it to work with windows 2012-2016 and windows 10.
  8. A

Cage Nuts new version= Click-Nut

You're probably correct, or it came from new Chastworth cabinets. I remember getting bunch of these with brand new cabinets. If you dont have the proper tools for cage nut these works really well, but if you have the tools then the standard cage nuts works just fine.
  9. A

hmmm after checking the part# in detail's mine is a bit different; S1122E1000M4 based on the spec paper it has 24x DW/D rating and performance is also on the dot. One of them is installed on windows machine, so let me know if you want to see any bench using atto or cdm.
  10. A

Can you "shuck" HP Smart Carrier Drives for use in Non-HP systems?

I have intel HP ssd and it works great either, but like Skud say no real usable smart data can be read from the ssd using the normal tools.
  11. A

I have a few of the STEC 1TB accelerator and they are great for what they are... Fast, tons of endurance but consumed lots of power and run hot constantly with or without load. I have one deployed as my plex cache/scratch drive and a few other as a local esxi storage for when I need to temporary...
  12. A

HPE and Samsung 15.36TB SAS3 SSD $1295

For me only when the price of SSD per TB becomes similar to spinners I will consider my array to SSD. I see tons of benefit from power savings, less failure rate and much2 more performance compared to spinners. For now, I still think for bulk storage that get access every now and then you can't...
  13. A

I think mine is a dell version so maybe the next thing I need to do is find someone here in forums to help me get these drive upgraded to the latest firmware in their dell system. Anyone want to volunteer ?? I don't mind paying some $$ for a successful upgrade :)
  14. A

@DRAGONKZ Can you share the firmware file ?? I am grasping for straws here who knows Cisco firmware would work on my SSD.