Recent content by axotopia

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Just make sure your power supply has enough juice for adding the dGPU or avoid potential boot or sudden power down issues. The typical 65W may be borderline insufficient, I assume the M920q may have shipped with 135W which should work.
  2. A

I initially paired my Tesla P4 which is a pass-thru GPU with the i5-8500 with no issues, so my guess is the T1000 which uses same drivers Quadro/Tesla driver should theoretically work.
  3. A

Nvidia Tesla P4 on Lenovo M920q performance question

Done both DDU on existing OS, and a completely fresh Windows 11 install. Results still the same for P40. However, the 1080Ti saw a 15% but still 1/3 the speed of the P4 on the M920q. improvement. Decided to put the P4 into the fresh Windows 11 install on the Z390 desktop.... it performed...
  4. A

Data Center Driver locks the Teslas in TCC mode, no WDDM The Tesla Grid drivers allows both TCC and WDDM., its Tesla and quadro specific driver not compatible with GTX and gaming RTX. Already uninstalled all 1080 components prior to installing the grid driver. No idea if Windows still keep...
  5. A

Ok. More update info testing out a new Nvidia Tesla P40 on the Z390 mobo. Results is almost the same as the GTX1080Ti on Topaz PhotoAI. The P40 performance is similar to the 1080Ti, but surprise here is it is still 3x slower than the Tesla P4 on the Lenovo M920q. Still same drivers and OS. Is...
  6. A

All 3 systems are on windows 11. Using the same Mvidia Grid driver 528.89, same WDDM 3.1 in windows. Tried to narrow down to the 2 most similar systems both using i9-9900 K and ES. Nvidia-smi is reporting almost exactly the same stats with the exception of memory differerences. Tried to narrow...
  7. A

Nvidia-smi stats are the same for clocks, utilization is similar , and cooling is actually better on the desktop vs the Lenovo. Really stumped... suspect it may be something with BIOS implement or something with how Windows handles the M920q. The M920q actually is running on PCIe 16x on 8x...
  8. A

I am a bit stumped on performance difference of a NVidia Tesla P4 on Lenovo M920q outperforming the P4 on my regular desktops. I am putting a SFF Scanning Station for my large format scanner, using Topaz PhotoAI to do some on-the-spot image processing. Installed the Tesla P4 and noticed it is...
  9. A

Could be a M3600c top cover according to Google Translate of the video notes ... Lenovo Lenovo ThinkCentre M3600c Thin Client (WES7) - Citrix Ready Marketplace
  10. A

Re: m93p i7 K CPU question Wondering if it is possible to stick a gen4 K processor (88w) into a m93p? Just decommissioned my big honking old workstation and trying to give the i7-4790k processor a 2nd life in a small form factor setup. Don't mind modding for cooling, just wondering if the...
  11. A

i recently added a Nvidia Tesla P4 to my M920q. it's a pass-through GPU positioned for servers with both WDDM TCC mode, so may work for your application. Performance of the P4 to date, at least for my image processing application with Topaz AI, is running between a GTX1080ti and RTX2080Super...
  12. A

For those looking to upgrade the M920q iGPU with a P4. ... just wanted to update on performance after adding a 32Gb RAM Silicon Power 3200 module to eliminate disk swapping.. and adding a i9-9900ES (15-20% slower than standard i9-9900). I am only using the M920q for extra large imaging...
  13. A

Been shopping at AliX and Ali for a long time and probably over 300 orders. Definately there are scams and mistakes, but AliX and Ali had always made it right and sided with the buyer 95% of the time from the 5% that went South.... my personal experience. Been scammed even on Amazon, that's...
  14. A

Hey Zune, sorry no Intel Burn test, but when I run CPU-Z stress CPU, temps are 88-95 celsius. BIOS is set to Ideal Thermal and my externally attached USB fan is running on the high setting. so far no issues with my workflow since GPU is doing the heavy lifting. Guess i may consider upgrading...
  15. A

Guess the i9-9900 ES works in the M920q. Just replaced the i5-8500T with the i9-9900 ES and it seems to work pretty good without any issues so far. Other than it being identified as 'Genuine Intel CPU 0000', physical specs about the same as my i9-9900K. There are (3) main deviations... TDP...