Recent content by ax206geek

1. A

Using IPMI tool to obtain SuperMicro MoBo Serial #?

You can try Supermicro's IPMICFG. ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/IPMICFG/Supermicro_Utility_User_Guide_IPMICFG.pdf Section 3.6 has 2 commands -fru 1s and -fru 2s. But they only have DOS, Windows and Linux versions and not BSD.
  2. A

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

There are other more exotic sources for the cpu, for example Aliexpress has them at $62 free shipping. If you read Chinese, you can even try taobao.
  3. A

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

Is PwrBlade+ the successor to PwrBlade and hence this part 10106126-4004001LF ,Power Connectors | PwrBlade+™ | FCI the same thing as 51770-044LF-ND ?
  4. A

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

I found this site: Computer Cheese useful for some very powerful IPMI options, especially raw IPMI.
  5. A

ipmitool 1.8.16 from Ubuntu 16.04 has dcmi option which works for me against the Quanta: Data Center Management Interface commands discover Used to discover supported DCMI capabilities power Platform power limit command options sensors...
  6. A

I removed shroud for OS installation temporarily to let the graphics card fit into the pcie slot. Will put it back when OS is installed.
  7. A

My Quanta Windmill and 2x E5-2670 and 64GB memory finally came. But I have 2 problems. Can't seem to get USB booting from either ports. And the fan will go into "Jet Engine" mode and make enough noise to drive me crazy after a few minutes. There's nothing in the BIOS to check temperatures and I...