Recent content by awdrifter

1. A

Review of White Label 4TB drives

This is the first time that I've experienced corruption like this. Usually on real WD branded drives if there's bad sectors HDD Sentinel will detect it. But this drive doesn't have any bad sectors according to HDD Sentinel, so the corruption must be from the custom fw that GoHardDrive written...
  2. A

It's in a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC, the drive is NTFS. How I found out about the corruption is when I tried to playback some media files, they "cannot be rendered". Some video files play become some other files (for example audio from podcasts).
  3. A

Just an update, after about a year of usage, I've found that some data on the drive is corrupted silently. Luckily I only use it for media storage, so nothing important was lost. But I would avoid these drives from now on.
  4. A

Has anyone bought one recently? I'm thinking about getting a second one. Are they out of the RE drives and now just rebadgin Red drives as Enterprise drives? Thanks.
  5. A

Do you know what the actual brand of the drive? Is it a WD or Seagate?
  6. A

So my replacement drive arrived today, I'm doing a write and read test to it right now, so far so good, no bad sectors detected yet. The fw version I got is HPG1, does anyone have this fw version? Thanks. Edit: The replacement drive seems to be fine, no errors detected. Is there any way to find...
  7. A

I emailed them requesting an RMA, let's see if they will respond.
  8. A

I just received a WL4000GSA6472E. The drive has 4 bad sectors, should I send it back? Will they pay for the shipping?