Recent content by AugustaLemke

1. A

Supermicro embedded Broadcom NIC firmware: Where to download?

I have an H12SSL board from Supermicro. This has embedded dual Broadcom BCM57416 NetXtreme-E NICs on the board. I recently started looking at my ESXi logs and saw some errors spewing related to the firmware: WARNING: bnxtnet: hwrm_send_msg:442: [vmnic0 : 0x43188b023290] HWRM cmd error...
  2. A

Bought some enterprise NVMe SSDs, keep hitting temperature errors

I previously had 1TB 970 Samsung EVOs and replaced them with 2TB Micron 7450s. For cooling, I just have two intake fans in the front of the case and an exhaust fan in the back. It's just a generic full ATX desktop case, nothing fancy. Seeing that the enterprise drives need extreme cooling and...
  3. A

Bought some enterprise NVMe SSDs, keep hitting temperature errors

I just bought some Micron NVMe SSDs for my Supermicro server motherboard. The server motherboard sits in a full ATX case with decent airflow. Upon power up, I boot ESXi. Within 10 minutes of ESXi booting, one of the SSDs fail out. I pop over to the BMC web GUI and it's filled with errors like...
  4. A

SM H12 New BIOS and IPMI Released

Supermicro just posted new BIOS and IPMI for the H12 Series.... https://www.supermicro.com/en/support/resources/downloadcenter/firmware/MBD-H12SSL-CT/BIOS https://www.supermicro.com/en/support/resources/downloadcenter/firmware/MBD-H12SSL-CT/BMC Haven't seen any updates on this board for a...
  5. A

vSphere 7 Update 3 PSOD with Epic Milan 7443p and Asrock ROMED8-2T

They are just so slow though... 1.0.0.3 has been out for months and a few of their H12 boards (non-ATX ones) have had the newer AGESA MilanPI since early September.
  6. A

IR mode actually passing through drives?

I recently purchased a H12SSL-CT motherboard with a Broadcom 3008 SAS3 controller. I booted into Linux and was SHOCKED to see the drives in /dev/disk/by-id. I had thought it was somehow factory default in IT mode but it was still in IR when I went to check. In my previous experience IR mode...
  7. A

Thanks for posting that info. It's a bummer we can't go back if there's an issue for the BIOS so I guess I'll wait to update. In the meantime I'll just do the boot override (cpuUniformityHardCheckPanic=FALSE) to get U3 working.
  8. A

I am getting this with a 7313P on a Supermicro H12SSL-CT.... Who do we need to call / get ahold of at Supermicro to get this fixed? I am running BIOS version 2.1. Did you use their official support portal? I was going to contact Supermicro but if you did already I don't see a point I guess...
  9. A

H12SSL and Understanding Memory Rank

Once I get my processor, I was going to get one of the Supermicro boards (H12SSL-CT) and throw in a lot of memory. I started doing the research on memory and found that Crucial only had the H12SSL-NT board for compatibility which I think is close enough...
  10. A

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

At this rate, I fully expect shopBLT to push us into 2022. I am curious if you had tried ordering an HPE upgrade kit from Provantage... That seems like the way to go if you want it before the end of the year.
  11. A

Strange, I have an order for a 7443P from shopblt ordered on 6/2. No email and I suspect there is more to getting it than when you ordered it. What they are doing is beyond me.
  12. A

You put in a shopblt order for 7763s? I still have a 3/7/22 ETA on those and I put an order in back in July. No email yet here. When did you get an email?
  13. A

It looks like they do dropshipping with HP. Was a signature required or was it just left at your doorstep?
  14. A

Now that it has been almost a month, has anyone who ordered from Provantage gotten their processor yet? I took the plunge a few days ago and purchased one and there is no delivery date yet. I'm just trying to get a feel of how long it took to get.
  15. A

How do warranties work with HPE/Dell processors? Say you had these in your ASRock or Supermicro boards and the processor dies and you need the processor replaced. Or you purchase it and you're getting all sorts of issues that point to it being a processor problem and you need to get it...