Recent content by audiophonicz

1. A

Converting an HP DL380e Gen8 14xLFF Server to a Disk Shelf

You prolly wont have an issue with a PSU that size, when I have all 12 slots populated with some very power hungry SAS drives, it wants about 125watts during power on when all 12 spin up at the same time. If you use SATA drives or can get staggered spin up youll be more than fine with that...
  2. A

ESXi 8.0 - Max EVC - No more support for iCore CPUs?

So Ive run 6th gen i7-6700T CPUs for a few years now. Upgraded from 6.7 to 7.0, and from 7.0U3 to 8.0. Never really saw an issue. This past week I built another host and put it in the cluster. This one is 11th gen i7-11700. Obviously mixing CPUs in a cluster, I went to set cluster EVC mode. To...
  3. A

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

Still waiting on those part numbers @i386
  4. A

Help with Dell R640 retrofit

What exactly are you looking for? The nvme cable PNs? if you google R640 nvme cables they all come up. Apparently there is a 2-5 cable (684MR) and a 6-9 cable (6PPNG). Theres your 8. To get all 10 you need to use the PCIe extension cable 0-1 (M7YXV) which looks to be bundled alot with NVME...
  5. A

HP H240 HBA hangs on 0.00% when erasing drives

for the record, I was not saying try that particular part number. Just referencing HPE batt module connectors in general.
  6. A

need help choosing an OS

Be feareless. Install ESXi.
  7. A

Need more sata ports z440

Im pretty sure vmware doesnt support anything from aliexpress without issues. X2 Get an LSI card, theyre cheap enough used on the ebays. and forward breakout cables.
  8. A

Does a 1U or 2U front-I/O chassis with bifurcated PCIe riser exist?

What about an OnLogic MK100? Yeah its a bit more cash but youd get a 1U chassis with front access flexPSU, IO, mITX standoffs, and 2 PCI slots. Exactly what you wanted, yes? Its pretty much a clone of my 1.5U case you asked about in the other thread.
  9. A

Build my own or buy Supermicro?

You mentioned wall mount racks. which are for smaller stuff, and thats a big board.. especially for maxing at 128GB. How many nodes of this size you planning to put in this server cabinet? Seems like youre building a large all-in-one box to replace a smaller all-in-one box?
  10. A

sounds to me like your real issue is you want to put a mITX board in this SM case with proprietary size MB standoffs, and have it all line up with a riser card. You keep going back to this WIO hoping someone hands you part numbers. Most risers tell you thier dimensions and what chassis theyre...
  11. A

They dont have to be to the mil, theres a little flex to the PCBs, and PCIe slot spacing is kinda standardized, so as long as youre putting a 2U riser into a 2U case you should be fine. You might just have to pick a case and make it work. like i said theres always ribbon extensions. one from the...
  12. A

bifurcation is a function of the MB, not the chassis, and most non-server/consumer mini-ITX boards do not support. If you find a board that supports it, you could essentially use any riser with the use of PCIe ribbon extensions. Even if you dont, anything is possible...
  13. A

HP H240 HBA hangs on 0.00% when erasing drives

technically RAID cards and SAS cards are both HBAs, so to me if it can RAID, its a RAID card, regardless whether or not the functionality is turned on. But i guess if HPE cant write the correct firmware to their cards, everything else is just kinda speculative anyways. To that end, yeah it...
  14. A

Build my own or buy Supermicro?

So, the 2 shiney ones are OnLogic 1.5U cases, brackets flipped 1.5U Rackmount Case The next one down is a modified Plink 2U case that I flipped, trimmed 3" off the back of the case, and added a DC barrel jack and IcyDock 2.5" cage into the front (picoPSU). 3D printed parts mount the drive cage...
  15. A

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

and exactly which SQ PSUs come in the 54.5 x 40 x 320 mm form factor?