Recent content by asker

1. A

IBM x3650 M3 Rackserver - What configuration for VMHost

Ok thanks for your help. I should mention that I live in Switzerland and it's a really expensive country as you may know, so if a price of a product is 100USD cheaper in the US, it's kind of a great deal here in Switzerland. So thanks to the help of you all I feel now ready to buy this server...
  2. A

I'm really sorry, I mistyped. It's 500USD for the whole server with the built in Hexa Core Processor and 64GB RAM. Is this a realistic and good price for the server?
  3. A

Okay that sounds great. 64GB is fine for me. Thanks for your help too. I just got the price for the single CPU (Intel Xeon E5645 Hexa Core 2.40GHz), it's 500USD. Is this price realistic and worth it?
  4. A

No problem, I really appreciate your messages. I found this on the Microsoft website: So I really think Hyper-V works with the processor. Now one last question, which Server would you finally choose in my situation / for my use case? Thanks four your help.
  5. A

I just checked the two processor on the Intel page, it looks fine, doesn't it? ________________________________________________________________
  6. A

Thanks for the fast answer vl1969. Oh, that doesn't sound good. Do you know why they are not Hyper-V capable? I thought virtualization with Intel Xeon Processor should always work.
  7. A

Hi community I need a Server for hosting several virtual machines. I want to run 3-5 Linux systems (mostly Debian) VMs for webserver, database, GitLab, ldap and also a fileserver. I can choose between these two servers: 1. IBM x3650 M3 Rackserver 1x Intel Xeon E5645 Hexa Core 2.40GHz 64GB...