Recent content by ascareg

1. A

Supermicro A1SAi-2750F PCI-E Not Seeing Cards

Yeah, I hear ya. I was confident I had a bad M1015, so no worries on that RMA. The motherboard, I'm not sure if it had an issue or not... but it's all good now, so I'm happy!
  2. A

My new IBM M1015 SAS card arrived yesterday. It works perfectly! As far as I can tell, no tweaks required on the BIOS level. It is happy with both "Auto" and "X4X4" for PCIe Bifurcation. Flashed to IT mode and looking good! Thanks to all who replied!
  3. A

I've finally found a BIOS option that has improved my situation and my trust in the A1SAi-2750F motherboard. I'm pretty sure this was new as of BIOS 1.1 as my previous board with an older BIOS did not have it, but I did notice it after updating. Under PCIe/PCI/PNP settings, there is this...
  4. A

And... I'm not so happy. I just got a new Supermicro A1SAi-2750F... installed in my case using anti-static strap. Installed the Sil3132 card and ... nada. Card still doesn't show under lspci or EFI shell's devices command. I'm pretty confused. Not seeing anything useful in the BIOS or on the...
  5. A

I didn't see damage/debris, though I had looked. I was finally able to get one card, a simple serial port card, to be recognized. However, two other cards with OPROM (the Sil3132 and HP 10GbE card) still were not recognized in either SmartOS or Linux. Since these three cards all work in other...
  6. A

I'd hoped I was being a moron and missed the BIOS setting marked "enable PCI-E slot". :) But yeah, outside of that, I agree, this board needs an RMA.
  7. A

Thank you for the input... in the future I probably should be more careful with ESD... that said, I can deal with the M1015 being bad, whether it was truly DOA or if i zapped it... but I'm more concerned about why now my SIL3132 shows up in my ASUS board but not in the Supermicro board. I was...
  8. A

I've been around the forums for almost 2 years, mostly lurking as I worked on a home c6100 build. Now I've decided its time for a smaller, quieter NAS box. The components of choice: Supermicro A1SAi-2750F SilverStone DS380B IBM m1015 HBA The c6100 was my first significant foray into server...
  9. A

Dell c6100 Mezzanine Cards for sale - last batch ever

I just picked up one of these SAS2008 cards (XX2X2), too. I previously purchased a SAS1068E card (Y8Y69) and missed the fact that the would only handle 2TB drives, but since I need the brackets and cables that came with it for the SAS2008, looks like I'll do OK. I should probably start...
  10. A

Taming the C6100

I purchased 4x of these FFB0812EHE-SP15 fans from this still active ebay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300836055625 Pretty happy with them so far. Definitely slower and pushing less air than the originals, but I can stand to run the C6100 in my office without wearing earplugs. With the...
  11. A

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

There are a few references in these forums about flashing BIOS, BMC, and FCB. For me, FCB didn't work because I have the PIC16 instead of PIC18, but BIOS and BMC worked with a bit of trying and googling. I found this link to be very helpful: Re: Dell C6100 BMC / BIOS HELP - Cloud Services...
  12. A

Dragon posted a while back ( http://forums.servethehome.com/f18/dell-c6100-xs23-ty3-2u-4-node-8-cpu-cloud-server-1247-11.html#post12284 ) about slimline SATA cables, 5 of them being equal in thickness to a standard cable... from the pics, they look very much like the cables that comprise the 3...
  13. A

I've had my C6100 for about a few days and I've been poking around, reading a lot on these forums. The one thing that has been truly disappointing has been the noise. I saw people flashing the FCB firmware as part of the "calm down the fans" process, but then ran into the issues with PIC16...