Recent content by arnbju

1. A

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

Does anybody know which version of the SN2100 that are safe from the AVR54 bug? Any specific date or revision? The Nvidia KB article does not have much info: Intel Atom Boot Issue | Knowledge Base
  2. A

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

Datasheet says 315W Typical / 387W Max. But i guess that is with all ports connected?
  3. A

Cheap, efficient, USB-C Power Supply?

For good reviews of USB C power supplies check out : https://www.youtube.com/@AllThingsOnePlace
  4. A

Supermicro MCP-290-00014-00 Compatibility

I have MCP-290-00053-0N on my old 846 cases, seller found the correct rails based on chassis serial number. They were end of life back in 2014 when I bought mine, so might be kind of hard to find now.
  5. A

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

Special metadata vdev can only be removed if your pool consists of mirrored or single vdevs. A single RaidZ vdev in your pool makes it impossible to remove other vdevs.
  6. A

QSFP28 vs QSFP+ direct attach cables

I have only tried Ethernet, don't know about Infiniband.
  7. A

QSFP28 vs QSFP+ direct attach cables

My fs.com QSFP28 DAC Cables was not detected by early software versions on SX6012. With version 3.6.8010 they work without issue at 56Gb/s.
  8. A

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I tried with "-s SX6012" as well, but it did not work. Just using 1 to make a copy worked. But after copying the patched FRU the mlxi2c command does still not work. Might need a reboot or something else? mlxi2c show devs -v Oct 13 21:48:59 INFO LOG: Initializing SX log with STDOUT as output...
  9. A

The guide uses that command to get the current FRU. From section "Get current FRU" before "Send the updated FRU to the switch" Or am I missing something?
  10. A

When trying to convert a EMC 6012 using dodgy routes guide I have issues when trying to detect the FRU Bus number mlxi2c show devs -v -E- mlxi2c: mi_opend Failed status(MLXI2C_AUTO_DETECT_FAILED:21) Any ideas?
  11. A

Enterprise wifi APs - API access to logs or current hooked up devices?

Cisco has tow different wifi series, Catalyst and Meraki. Catalyst 9800 has a few different API alternatives: Catalyst 9800 Programmability and Telemetry Deployment Guide 16.10 Meraki getClients: Cisco DevNet
  12. A

Checking Health Status - PCIe & U.2 SSD

CrystalDiskInfo shows a overall health status, power on hours and other useful info. A lot of ebay sellers add a screenshot of CrystalDiskInfo when selling disks.
  13. A

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

EVC is only required for live vMotion. When a VM is power off there is no issue powering it on again with a different CPU. Different bios settings can cause issues, such as enabling/disabling AES NI. vMotion between cpus with the same instruction set shut be no issue. In my homelab I can...
  14. A

SR-IOV on Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+

I am trying to do SR-IOV with a Mellanox ConnectX-4 in a Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+ running vSphere 7. Under pyshical adapters it shows the following: SR-IOV Status Enabled Number of virtual functions 4 (0 currently available) mlxconfig shows SR-IOV enabled in the firmware...