Recent content by ano

1. A

SAS, SATA, U.2, NVME, MiniSAS, HBA or RAID, OcuLink?? - Lost in Diversity

SFF-8643 used for nvme has a different ohm rating, than regular sas and should not be mixed, often identified by white plugs on SFF-8643 nvme versions. mcio is so superior to everything, but hard to get to answer some stuff b) yes, it fits, some backplanes has both sas, sata AND nvme, and it...
  2. A

Enterprise SSD/HDD price increases :-(

NVME u.2 we bought i now 3x for same... but SAS SSD and u.2 are now closer, we have almost only bought u.2 now, previously I bought a LOT of sas SSD, like petabytes at a time.
  3. A

Stable AM5 motherboard suggestions for server purposes

supermicro microcloud am5
  4. A

e810-CQDA2 woes.

have only used theese on windows, and vmware, but work fine there (and dell optics) with oem intel cards in windows at least the fw update is quite fast& easy with DACs, and sometimes even optics I have to set speed/duplex manually.
  5. A

Best Approach to Cheap Distributed NVMe?

supermicro 826, and 829 comes with N4 backplanes, can be had for 2-300 and can fit H12 motherboard or H11 or similar, so ends up decent cheap, <1k with h11, and about just over 1k with h12 (motherboard, chassis, cpu, ram) stay away from the models requireing risers, they are hard to get...
  6. A

2 x FAST gen4 nvme can use as much as 50% of a 7402 cpu.. with 25g nics! quite interesting really, it loves cpu. we are doing 7313 cpus with 4x nvme per HCI host now.. due to licensing.. so yeah :|
  7. A

budget? usage? dataneeds? usecase? 2U servers with 4x nvme u.2 can be had quite cheap
  8. A

HP 640sfp28 aka Mellanox4 Lx MCX4121A-ACAT $29

very well. we run a bunch at work. it also uses drasticly less power than cx5/6 I need to buy some, so ehh dont buy them all before I get a chance to grab a few
  9. A

Legit AMD Epyc or no?

looks legit, normal stamping from china.
  10. A

Broadcom/LSI 9405W-16E - $98 + shipping

0 left :o that was fast
  11. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

it was for getting wattage readout with the stuff I had, to get an idea what could be done, and how it was on power usage vs other 24 ports I will only use about 10 ports on it I think... but I might also be able to replace the oob/1G switch in one of my racks with it, since it has enough 10g...
  12. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

random, never read this thread much, but hey thanks @fohdeesha for the resources, also pinout help for usb hax cable power draw on 7250-48P 67w idle 70w idle with 2 optics (10g) now disable 44 ports your down to 58w idle 61w idle with 2 optics almost 24 port numbers for power usage!
  13. A

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

seeing 70w here idle, with 2 optics
  14. A

New Micron 7400 PRO 7.68TB NVMe U.3 (7mm) Non-SED Enterprise SSD - $349

same for me, I got 9 emails saying avail
  15. A

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

the pain/cost of having to replace worn drives would far outweigh the cost imho, also if you end up using for more than 5 years, its sooo nice. we still got SM863a's in prod! just recycled as boot drives for new systems, and misc lab stuff etc. our ceph nvme db/wal drives, for a large number of...