Recent content by Angus

1. Angus

Canada [WTB] Lenovo m720q / m920q

Bauer has a bunch available. Not sure if you can do local pickup as I always have things shipped. BAUER SYSTEMS PRICE LIST - Google Drive
  2. Angus

WHY SHOPPING AT RETAIL.ERA.CA IS RISKY

Sucks that you've had issues with them. I've been buying stuff from them for over 10 years and have not had any issues... I've even had them ship stuff before I paid.. Only "Issue" I can remember is when they shipped me the same items 2x by accident.. can't remember for sure the outcome but I...
  3. Angus

Ruckus r710 ~@140 CAD + shipping

FYI... same seller @ 100 now.. Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex R710 Access Point 901-R710-WW00 ~ — retail.era Also on ebay but shipping is cheaper from the store front. Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex R710 Access Point 901-R710-WW00 ~ | eBay
  4. Angus

I am not sure where this is leading

That is a Ontario/Quebec thing.. In Alberta Power.. is.. well the power bill.
  5. Angus

Suggestions for RTSP Camera Software for multiple EUFY Cameras

Milestone Xprotect is free for up to 8 cameras.. great piece of software but windows only.
  6. Angus

PoE IP camera that works without "clouds" recommendation

I would go with Axis/Bosch/Hanwha if your budget allows.. Flir low end is just rebranded.. high end is their own.. If budget is low.. look at some of the "Brand Name" Chinese offerings... HikVision, Dahuah etc..
  7. Angus

help with seastone DX010

Check baud rate maybe? Should be 115200
  8. Angus

150 IP Camera Server Set Up - DL380 G9

You will want to make sure the camera's support multiple streams, and not sure if ZoneMinder handles that... that way you can pull a low res 640x480 or whatever for live view if you have that many camera's up and then still record the full res. Most CCTV packages would run switch to full res if...
  9. Angus

Trying to monitor 150 camera's is pointless unless you have a proper monitoring center setup.. which I don't think you do.. figure 4 camera's per monitor ~38 monitors.. thats quiet the video wall you would need. You could do dark screen monitoring based on event/motion but no clue if zone...
  10. Angus

Usually you do not view the cameras on the server.. you connect to the server from a workstation that is running the viewing client software, that will then pull the recorded footage or the live stream from the server or depending on the configuration the live stream may also come from the...
  11. Angus

Not sure if ZoneMinder has improved but I know way back it used to be a CPU/memory hog. With the size of your setup are you looking are you looking at any integrations? Access control etc? If so might be better to go with one of the commercial offerings. Hanwha Wave/Digital Watchdog are...
  12. Angus

Recommended SuperMicro retailers?

I've bought stuff from work from SiliconeMechanics so far been great no issues.. not sure if they will have exactly what you are after though..
  13. Angus

Silent 10gbe switch for silent lab

I have the MicroTik works well... not doing to much just some iSCSI traffic no VLANS
  14. Angus

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Thanks for the info.. bookmarked for future reference...
  15. Angus

HGST 10TB He10 and Intel 200GB S3700

Nice to see some larger drives coming out into resale..