Recent content by angel_bee

1. A

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

Info share from Supermicro Pinout for power distribution board PDB-PT418-B6824
  2. A

im not sure.... most likely it doesn't show because you're not changing the frequency of each DIMM - you're just changing the number of channels the memory controller on each daughterboard uses to communicate with the CPU. if you are in 2:1 mode and you are confident the BIOS settings are being...
  3. A

how are you measuring the aforementioned impact? benchmarks?
  4. A

hi, your physical slot configuration seems correct. lockstep (a.k.a 1:1 mode) will HALVE your memory speed, not double it. what you want is independent (a.k.a. 2:1) mode. the option to do this should be located under your chipset settings > memory configuration > VMSE lockstep mode
  5. A

[WTB] Retail Xeon E7 8880 V4

Anyone have retail Xeon E7-8880 V4 (NOT ES) they want to sell at a reasonable price? I am aware that ebay has some already but they're pretty expensive and it's out of stock everywhere else so I'm hoping someone might have a good offer. I'm open to any offers.
  6. A

that sounds horrible :( i hope that is fixable would it be a good idea to run with memory mirroring and rank sparing to see whether it's a ram issue?
  7. A

UPDATE: it's the CPUs. somehow. scratching my previous posts about Q vs. non Q variants. @NablaSquaredG you were right. you actually can mix them. I put in 4x E7 4820 V2s and it instantly worked. Prior to this, I was running 4x 8880 v3 with MEM1 Rev. 1.01 boards and it was working fine with...
  8. A

This has since been worked through. but im keeping this for archive purposes. Update: I just did an entire full day of rebooting and I have managed to barely get 4 memboards with all channels populated, with random mixing of Q and non-Q RAMs. However, I am still concerned about the stability...
  9. A

yes, I already increased DIMM count gradually. For 4 memboards, it works completely fine with DIMMA and DIMMB but as soon as I put anything in DIMMC it complains. Swapped memory boards too. Here's the thing: the training failure/VMSE failures are ALWAYS at DIMMC of one or multiple boards. So...
  10. A

it seems i pre-emptively answered your questions a few minutes ago! im using the very latest BIOS and redfish IPMI firmware P.S. yes, I am absolutely sure none of the new 64GB sticks are faulty. im running on all 24 of them in Ubuntu right now. the problem is just the DIMMC DIMMD thing
  11. A

the seller claims that Q variants just mean they're made elsewhere. it's so weird. i tried with minimal DIMMA1, DIMMB1 with all Q variants and it works. but as soon as i put anything in DIMMC1 or DIMMD1 it errors when it POSTs. I've tried with and without CMOS reset so BIOS settings shouldn't...
  12. A

This has since been worked through and this information is no longer accurate. but im keeping this for archive purposes. [resource] RE: 64GB DDR3 DIMMs and mixing of RAM. I just upgraded to 24 x 64GB = 1536GB ram. Unfortunately, the process was not smooth. The official Supermicro...
  13. A

slightly related: if you have V3 (haswell) cpus, you could potentially do the 4-way EFI hack to get full-speed all-core turbo. haven't tried it though but im interested to see whether someone has done that before on the x10qbi.
  14. A

Supermicro X10QBi Hangs when trying to enter Setup (Solved)

how are your sensor readings? esp. CMOS battery voltage - the bios "forgetfulness" sounds very pertinent. if they're fine, are you sure both your graphics cards are all working? are you using the official supermicro PCI-E power cables for ur RTX4000? maybe it's a problem with the PCI-E system...