Recent content by andybaran

1. A

LSI 9211-8i drive speed negotiated at 3.0Gbps but capable of 6.0Gbps

Unfortunately that did not work, it appears the version in that package will not recognize my card. Appreciate the help, I've unfortunately got other projects creeping up on me and have had to shift attention to those. Per the first reply...until I've got a bunch of SSD's I'm not going to...
  2. A

I've done a little bit of digging but have not been able to figure out how to install these for Debian Buster.
  3. A

Thank you, your comment on speed makes a lot of sense. Might not even be worth chasing down. There is no backplane or interposer. I've got all 6 drives setup in ZFS raidz1 and havent really done anything to test performance yet. I'll run some of the usual fio tests and also try hooking up an...
  4. A

I purchased LSI 9211-8i on ebay a while back. I'm using this cable to attach three 3TB SAS drives and one of the cables that came with the card to attach three 3TB SATA drives I picked up from Amazon. SAS drives are showing as 6.0Gbps but SATA remain at 3.0Gbps. Any thoughts before I return...
  5. A

X9DAI on Debian Buster freezes up overnight

A long overdue follow-up on this. Its still working flawlessly....this is danger thing to say on a Friday.
  6. A

Awesome thanks, yeah it was disabled but setting it to Auto seems to have fixed it. I'll keep an eye out though. Especially if its the Mellanox card going trying to go into low power when theres no network traffic in the middle of the night it would at least make some sense.
  7. A

Wahoo! It stayed up overnight. I did not end up uninstalling X but will likely do so at a later date. I'm going to give it a few more days and report back in case others find this useful in the future. Thank you all for being so helpful. I really haven't had to dig into hardware this deeply for...
  8. A

Well it was disabled so I set it to Auto, fingers crossed I guess.
  9. A

Did a quick dmesg | grep ASPM while at work and got some output that certainly seems like we might be on the right track. I'll dig into the BIOS settitngs tonight and disable ASPM and let you know the results. [ 1.054093] acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC: OS supports [ExtendedConfig ASPM ClockPM...
  10. A

So I gave memtest a run overnight and it got through a full pass without any errors. All cpu power saving is flat out disabled in the bios. I also disabled RAPL b/c why not? I'll check on ASPM later this evening. I have no idea what it is so will need to research a bit as well . That's s a...
  11. A

That's a great call! Is memtest86 still the go to for this?
  12. A

Correct, no OOB. edac-utils isn't something I'm familiar with so I'll RTFM on that tonight and look into it before I inevitably need to hit the reset button tomorrow AM :) It's weird, it really seems like it might just be going into some sort of low power state and not coming out of it but...
  13. A

I have an older X9DAI running Debian Buster for a pi-hole, hass-io, a few docker containers and some NFS shares backed by OpenZFS. It runs fine very well except if it;'s left not doing anything for a while it just freezes up. When it freezes up It will not respond to network traffic (Melllanox...