Recent content by AndroidCat

1. A

ASrock Rack ROMED8-2T - Correct PCIE2 Selection Jumper settings and/or what cables to use OCU1 & OCU2 w/ U.2 Drives

Stupid question, but you did connect the power connector of your Occu<->U.2 cable to you PSU?
  2. A

Intel N305 with 48GB of ddr5 ram?

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/intel-gen13-minipc-with-48gb-ddr5-modules.41259/#post-393023
  3. A

Intel Gen13 miniPC with 48GB DDR5 modules?

Replying to my own question. Yes, both single 48G and double modules, totalling 96GB, work with i7-1360P miniPC.
  4. A

Intel Gen13 miniPC with 48GB DDR5 modules?

Has anybody tested Aliexpress' Intel Gen13 miniPCs with 48GB DDR5 SODIMMs? Or even more specifically with dual modules amounting to 96GB. Example miniPC (but available from different sellers as well): miniPC As far as I can tell they are all based on BQM5 Rev C motherboard.
  5. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Between a switch and TrueNAS - I'd stay away from LAG config, where both link are active at the same time. Instead one link should be active and the other standby for redundancy. Both active never worked well for me (I think they also discourage this somewhere in docs).
  6. A

@Craig Curtin I found the original explanation about spanning tree, the one I had mentioned 2 pages before (which did not help you). Quote: STP is off by default with the l3 OS image (off globally and off per vlan), but remains "ON" per port, meaning ports are eligible to participate in an...
  7. A

In 6610 ports 1/2/x do not require any speed and duplex setting, but ports 1/3/x do require "speed-duplex 10G-full". I don't know 6450.
  8. A

@Craig Curtin Have you tried with MTU of 1500 as well? I can see you have it set to 10k. I know it's layer 3, but worth trying with defaults.
  9. A

Sorry to hear that. It definitely helped in my case, even though the logic behind this had been unclear to me. Furthermore I also tried to find any log relevant to that port blocking and wasn't able to spot anything. If that helps any, I've been using Mellanox X3 (flashed to ethernet) with both...
  10. A

You need to stream your logs to external syslog server. For instance: logging host <IP> udp-port 1514 logging enable rfc5424
  11. A

I had exactly the same problem as you. Try to add the line to each physical interface: no spanning-tree e.g. interface ethernet 1/2/1 port-name xxxx no spanning-tree Let me know if that helps. The explanation is somewhere within this thread. I think it was about spanning tree being active...
  12. A

I just stumbled upon this page: http://www.netadmin.us/icx.htm It is a wealth of information about Brocade ICX and some other stuff. For instance ' FastIron Layer 3 Step-by-Step Guide '
  13. A

flash tools for SFP+ modules

Hit and miss, some sfp+ are reprogrammable, some not. For instance I was never able to touch any HP SFP+.
  14. A

flash tools for SFP+ modules

Check fs.com website for their sfp flashing tool.
  15. A

That seems pretty hot. Maybe there is not enough room around the switch for proper cooling with all the POE stuff going on? In any case you could look at that thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/anyone-done-a-brocade-6610-fan-mod.24039/ If you don't care about the noise...