Recent content by andralex

1. A

Choosing RAM for an Airtop3: would faster modules with higher voltage work?

If anyone stumblers upon this thread: after some research, the folks at Compulab figured the problem with the Airtop 3. Here's the fix, it worked like a charm: Airtop: Installing Linux Mint 20 - fit-PC wiki
  2. A

Hi again everyone, I've put the system together (ended up buying this memory: Patriot Signature Line 32GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model PSD432G26662 - Newegg.com). The Ubuntu 20 installer had difficulty getting into graphics mode (4k monitor). I ran it in safe...
  3. A

@alex_stief Thank you. I didn't know that's a thing. I own an Airtop2 and indeed it's pretty tight. Canceled the order, whew. If you have one more minute, can you recommend any of these? pc4 21300 | Newegg.com
  4. A

Thanks to all for your answers. Here's what I ordered: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model F4-2666C18D-64GVK - Newegg.com Will post back once I try it out.
  5. A

I just got word from the Airtop manufacturer: So I guess I need to buy exactly what they require.
  6. A

@BlueFox oh. I had no idea. I got the i9, which settles it. I think I'll go with the Team Elite RAM that you mentioned, found it for $90 on Amazon. Thanks very much!
  7. A

Thanks for answering! Just making sure what options I have. Also thank you for the links to better deals. I noticed non-ECC is quite a bit less expensive than ECC. Should I prefer ECC? Is the frequency of memory errors considerable enough to pay a couple hundreds more?
  8. A

Hello, first poster here. I hope I chose the right (sub)forum. I ordered an Airtop3, specs here: Airtop3 specifications. Still need to find RAM for it (need 128 GB) and I got lost in the parameters and acronyms and whatnot. The manufacturer helpfully sent me a list of RAM brands they tested...