Recent content by AmusedGoose

1. A

Mellanox SN2700-CS2F Switch: SSD bad, need installer

Were you able to resolve? I might be able to find it.
  2. A

How to get firmware from Oracle

nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0n1 Looking for this, do you still have it? Edit: found KPYAIR3Q
  3. A

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Has anyone found a solution to the very slow response time / very high CPU utilization in newer OS versions? I'm thinking to revert back to 3.6.5009 or something to alleviate the problem, on 3.6.3004 my CPU utilization was 1-2%, on 3.6.8012 it is constantly 100% (tested more than 1 switch)...
  4. A

Cheap Intel enterprise SSDs on eBay

So KPYA7R3Q would be PM1725 with stock firmware A7, so should be avoided?
  5. A

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks a lot for the info! So the main difference is that the CPU's base clock is 2.3 instead of 2.4 and boost clock seems limited to 3.1GHz? I could live with that given the amount of cores and these can't run 24/7 at full boost anyways. If CPU-z states support for vt-x I can assume that it...
  6. A

ES Xeon Discussion

So I won't find out if my Gigabyte board supports it until I try? Not really sure what you mean with QQ89. The ad says "Xeon Processor Platinum 8260M QS CPU LGA3647 2.3GHz 24Core 165W QPKD SRF9J" if that helps any. According to a screenshot of cpu-z and HWInfo it supports the entire instruction...
  7. A

ES Xeon Discussion

I'd like to try a Gigabyte board with 8260 QS (A0), how risky would that be? I can take the loss if Ebay would not cover my return, would very much like to try. Also what about the legality of this? I can't find Intel actually forbidding this?
  8. A

4 GPU EPYC deep learning box

For that you'd be better off looking at something like the ESC8000 G4 or similar. Not too fond of machines that tall as they are expensive to run in the datacenter. Even this 4 gpu 4U machine is not really worth it in co-location since the density is low.
  9. A

Thanks, those extenders are 3M extenders. I chose 1080ti's since I had those laying around, otherwise 2080ti would be the choice. No Radeon VII as of yet since many common libraries don't fully support AMD's ROCm, however that seems to be improving lately. Hopefully it will continue to get...
  10. A

Multiple GPU cards fit...

If your 40-lane CPU only has 32 lanes routed to the PCI-e slots, that's what you are limited to. Sometimes you can snag an extra 4-8 lanes with a m.2 to PCI-e connector but that's it. In case you have for example 1 16-lane slot & 2 8-lane slots and want 4 GPU's on 8 lanes per GPU you can use...
  11. A

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I'm getting around 400W on 3.4GHz / 1.1V on a 7401P... 33% more cores, 27% higher voltage = 677W, can't see how it would be under 600.
  12. A

Best torque screwdriver

I got a Proxxon 23347 for that, works well in my opinion and feels proper made.
  13. A

Overclock your AMD Epyc

1.4V on that monster? Hot damn! Must have pulled North of 600 Watts?
  14. A

FS: Lot of (6x) Corsair RM750x

Selling 6x Corsair RM750x, in perfect condition, about 7 years factury warranty left. Selling due to moving hardware to colocation in rackmount cases. https://www.ebay.com/itm/382914686344
  15. A

I built a system based on EPYC 7441P with 128 GB 2666 RAM. The motherboard is an Asrock EPYCD8-2T. Equiped with 4x 1080ti. Those PCIe extenders are 3M 50cm extenders, which have given zero issues so far. Benchmarks so far show 85-90% scaling efficiency for multi GPU training (resnet50...