Recent content by altano

1. altano

[sold] 15.36TB Enterprise SAS SSDs

SOLD I have 2 sets of 4 PM1633a SAS SSDs to sell. I bought them from this forum a few years ago and am ready to sell as part of my homelab downsizing. Details: 4 x 15.36TB PM1633a SAS SSD Model #: AREA15T4S5xnNTRI / PM1633a Vendor: Samsung / HP Enterprise (HPE) Last eBay sale: April 26, 2023...
  2. altano

Weird networking issue with cloudflared, need help diagnosing

Anddddd I figured it out: I figured it out. I think I don't fully understand Flatcar Linux but: Flatcar Linux is configured to start Docker through socket activation. When docker.socket detects a connection it starts docker.service and any containers that are set to start. On Flatcar Linux...
  3. altano

I had the problem again on another system with the same setup. I did some more debugging and I'm really stumped: * The cloudflared VM can ping the Flatcar VM * One of my Docker containers is running an http service on port 9000, so I would expect that to be reachable on the Flatcar VM. nmap...
  4. altano

I have a pretty basic setup where I have some docker containers hosting various services. They’re all only on my local LAN. The docker containers are on Flatcar Linux, which is in a VM in Proxmox. In the same Proxmox instance I have a Debian VM with only cloudflared on it. I then expose these...
  5. altano

X10SDV-7TP4F + RAM $599

Shoot, actually you're right, this isn't as good a deal as I thought. My bad. The RAM DIMMs are ~$30/ea so that certainly makes this a little cheap but not a great deal. I guess I won't delete the post.
  6. altano

X10SDV-7TP4F + RAM $599

I think the seller got confused by model numbers and is selling this board way under market value, including 2x32gb ddr4 ram, at $599 https://www.ebay.com/itm/165997880652
  7. altano

Shallow/short-depth server racks?

I’ll make it very bottom heavy, eg ups at the bottom and networking at the top. Shouldn’t be a problem.
  8. altano

Shallow/short-depth server racks?

Anyone know of any 10-25U server racks that are shallow-depth / short-depth? ~12"-17" deep. Preferably on casters, but free-standing is acceptable.
  9. altano

[SOLD] FS: Supermicro 2U quad-node 2011-3 2028TP (now with shipping!)

Hey, sorry for not updating the thread prior but this has been sold.
  10. altano

Modern X10SDV-2C-7TP4F replacement?

@zac1 that link is interesting, thanks for sharing. I was actually virtualizing my storage server and I didn't realize that AES-NI and some other instruction sets don't get passed-through to VMs by default in Proxmox/qemu. Once I did a full CPU-passthrough I was able to get the performance up to...
  11. altano

This is insane but the 16 core atom can't keep up with ZFS encryption either: That's ONLY a transfer speed of ~100-150MB/s. Are my expectations about how much CPU I need just stupid? Is ZFS on Linux terrible? Hmmm.
  12. altano

I just bought a Supermicro A2SDV-16C-TLN5F and I'll grab a separate SAS3 HBA off eBay. Thanks everyone!
  13. altano

Unfortunately I'm working with SAS drives and I don't see an Atom board that can do 12 without an add-in card. It looks like even older Atoms have Intel QAT, interestingly, while these Xeon-D boards don't. I don't know how hard it is to get ZFS working with QAT now-a-days but that could help a...
  14. altano

My X10SDV-2C-7TP4F is too underpowered to handle zfs native encryption, apparently, and is therefore officially too old to be a useful storage board for me. Not to mention my getting sick of hardware incompatibilities wasting my time. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? Required...
  15. altano

SuperMicro BMC unresponsive after shutdown?

PSUs: PWS-920P-1R redundant PSUs BIOS: v2.3 (latest) Other hardware: 128GB Memory (4 x 32GB DDR4-2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Hynix RAM) Optane 900p PCIe add-in card Lots of 3.5" SAS and SATA drives connected to onboard SAS controller Yep it's an M.2 drive, and I had the oprom set to EFI. Was...