Recent content by alex1002

1. A

Seeking 12GB SAD Card for RAID10

Looking for a good SAS card to use raid10, disks I want to use are WD Gold 12TB Enterprise Class WD121KRYZ. I want to possible have a good SAS card with RAID10 support. q1. Do you really raid battery backup these days with RAID10? q2. Does Raid Cache really make a huge difference. My server...
  2. A

Will E5 2x series work in workstation thats got E5 1x series single socket cpu

Will E5 2x series work in workstation thats got E5 1x series single socket cpu
  3. A

Supermicro X11SDV-16C-TP8F Review Network and 16C CPU Galore

Does anyone know the MSRP on this board? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  4. A

A WD Red failure that could have ended very badly

To me it seems like a power failure on the PCB. Perhaps nas overheat? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  5. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

I didn't update anything. I configured the switch and forgot to save the settings. Now a day later the console window stays black. Nothing happens. I connected the console cable to my other quanta switches and right away I get text prompt. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  6. A

I'm trying to connect via the serial port and won't connect. Screen stays blank. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  7. A

I am having a serious problem. Please do not laugh at me. I configured the switch but forgot to write the mem. Now for some reason nothing happens when i plug in the console cable and try to connect. My other switch it works right away when I plug in the console cable.
  8. A

Today only: ASUS Z10PC-D8 dual Xeon E5 MB w/dual SFP+ for $199

The CPU shown on AliExpress appears to be ES models. Will they work probably with any board? I like those CPUs and seem well price. I want to upgrade some of my Lenovo servers. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  9. A

Kemp load balancer question

Good day, Does anyone know if buying a second hand Kemp from eBay. I want to find out if it will work without a active contract on it. I don't care about support. I just to know if the actual software will work without needed an active sub. Right now I need a loadbalancer for exchange. The...
  10. A

Network switch recommendation for business poe must

I got the v2 version so the zl not the zl2 v3 . I hope I won't regret it. 4x PSU, 96+22 Poe ports. 2 SFP+ ports. I found the 8 port SFP+ 10gbe modules for $850 2x. Not sure if I should do SFP+ 10gbe. Or go ahead and upgrade everything to 10gbe copper. This means all my servers will require...
  11. A

I really got my heart set on these hp switches now. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  12. A

Does anyone know if the difference between v2 and v3 is the actual chassis or the modules. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  13. A

Does anyone know if the power supplies for v1 or v2 will work with v3 version? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  14. A

Another question do you need support contract to download firmware for the hp Aruba? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  15. A

Sorry guys I'm may sound stupid. Alot of the hp I see made in 2006 and is the newer v3 that much better or doesnt really matter? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk