Recent content by Albert67

1. A

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

Tx1320 M3 strange power consumption .... Hello, I have restarted testing different 10gbe networks cards to verify which are the more power effective ones. But I have a strange "behavior" on the machine that I use for testing (specs in the attached image) that is running debina 12. with no pci-e...
  2. A

The ssd cells will fail after a certain number of writes, so like you have said in a scenario where you use the nas more for storage of static data (photos/videos/music/ pdf etc..) instead of dynamic data (virtual machine images, transaction databases etc...) You will be fine. As I wrote in a...
  3. A

About " sizing up later is going to be difficult with ZFS. " in practice it's very easy: you just need to backup data, destroy the pull. recreate a bigger pool, restore data. I don't see how you can get "and also probably have a positive impact on the SSD endurance." considering that everytime...
  4. A

As an high performace alternative you can get 5 of this https://www.ebay.de/itm/186055791150 (installing one in the cd enclosure) and you will have a 6.4 TB ssd zraid
  5. A

I forgot to say that zraid need memory! count 1GB of Ram for each TB of disk (including the parity one). So in the example above with 4x 2tb disk you will have 8tb so considering your OS you will need 10/12 GB of ram.
  6. A

The integrated controller is a normal sata II (6gb/sec) with soft raid that can be disable in the bios. The ep400 is a sas 12gb/sec controller. Which to use depend on the type of disk you want to use , if you stay with mecanical the integrated one is ok. If I was you I will try to get some...
  7. A

I agree that nowdays raid controllers are a NO GO!. I confirm that the ep400 can be flashed in HBA mode , I done it with mine. I desagree that tx1320 are a bad solution for a NAS (ok, M1 and M2 probably are because there are limited in the number of drives), I have 2 NAS running on TX1320 M3...
  8. A

for 3d printed caddy go with ABS. Petg is ok, but ABS is better if you are "playing" with so high temperatures
  9. A

With my 7.2K drive and a similar caddy that I got from ebay (a little bit different and maybe with a better air flow) I have not any overheating problems. Maybe if you don't really need the "hot pluggable" you can remove the backplane and use a " SFF-8643 to 4x SFF-8482 " cable to connect the...
  10. A

The reason I am testing with no connected port is .... that I don't care (!) which is the power consumption when the system is working , I am only concern on the power consumption when the system is in idle , because this machine will be on 24/7, the other machine that I will connect to the high...
  11. A

I have changed the mainboard (now I have all mainboard's ethernet working and active , the CPU (now is a xeon E3-1240 v6 ) and increased the ram (now 64Gb) with the packpanel and 1 ssd disk I get 13.6W mininum.I can save 1.4W if I remove the backpanel that in fact I don't really need...
  12. A

I have tried to install a Mellanox ConnectX-3 546SFP+ but the power consumption of my server whent from 11.8W to 18.00W. I will try a ConnectX-4 that should have lower power consumption....
  13. A

Hello Thanks for the help. I have check the TX1320 M3 Upgrade and Maintenance Manual , but it seems that there is not the possibility to disable the nic via a jumper setting, only via the bios. I will try during the weekend to check with the itel tools if I can find something. Talking of...
  14. A

Hello, I tryed to change the Management lan setting , but no result, the light are not shoiwing on the "missin" ethernet, I start thinking that is just dead. I will use this server for another project that does not require 2 ethernet ports. I am runnin the latest bios R1.34.0 of 24/03/2023. Thanks
  15. A

don't have any pci nic installed. root@debian:~# dmesg|grep Ethernet [ 3.270855] igb: Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Network Driver [ 3.301089] igb 0000:02:00.0: Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection root@debian:~# lspci|grep Ethernet 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation...