Recent content by alan

1. A

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I thought I solved it, now it's worse. I downloaded the firmware update for Linux, chmod it so it would run, tried to run it, and it timed out. Here's the output now when I try again I get an error Update Failure.BMC is in Firmware Update Mode How do I fix this?
  2. A

I got further into tis. The IPMI in nodes 1, 3, and 4 all work, the IPMI in node 2 doesn't. I setting the network mask and the gateway address, neither work. Not when I hit f2 and edit it on boot, not when I use ipmitool. Anyone know how I fix this?
  3. A

I'm having a strange problem. When configuring the server, I used DHCP for the IPMI port. Before shipping it to my co-location company, I set it up for static IP. I set the IP address, the mask and the router address. Node 1 works, the other 3 don't. They aren't saving the network mask or...
  4. A

Sockets Direct Protocol (SDP) for infinband/centos 6.x

optimizing PPH/MySQL for infinband/centos 6.x I have a 4 node dell c6100. Each node has the infiniband card installed. I have IPoIB working, but am trying to get better performance in my php code. I read about Sockets Direct Protocol, and found an implementation for Centos 5.x, but can't...
  5. A

Mellanox Infiniband (20 Gbps) HBA for 90 bucks

how do you set up SDP on Centos 6? I want to use it for my php/mysql connection.
  6. A

^^ It may not be an error, it doesn't seem to test for java, just tells you that you need it. open the file it downloads when you click. My question is if there is a way to get rid of all of the security warnings about the certificate?
  7. A

My server will arrive monday. I've spent the weekend figuring out how to configure it. one node has a LSI 9265-8i plus CacheCade 2.0 all 4 nodes have a QDR VPI Dual Port 40 Gb/s Infiniband daughter card and there is an infiniband switch. Here's what I want to do. - configure the raid drive...
  8. A

I checked today, they ones I ordered didn't show the mounting brackets in the ebay photo, but did come with them. Everything has arrived now except for the C6100 itself, which is on it's way and should be here monday.
  9. A

This is my first time with infiniband, the setup I'm replacing has 4 separate servers that communicate over gigabit ethernet. So even DDR would have been a major upgrade. I realize one port of QDR saturates the PCIe bus, I had wondered if hooking up both ports to a 20 gbit infiniband switch...
  10. A

Yes, I found it for $499. I didn't realize just how good of a deal that was until later or I could have bought both they had and flipped one to pretty much pay for my whole setup.
  11. A

The server has the punch outs. Isn't that all I need?
  12. A

I got the switch on eBay and got a fantastic deal, but the seller I bought from doesn't have it listed anymore. This was my backup plan if something fell through with the one I got QLogic Silverstorm Infiniband Edge 9024 FC24 ST1 DDR 24 Port Rack Mount Switch | eBay
  13. A

I got them here Dell Mellanox QDR VPI Dual Port 40GB s Infiniband HBA JR3P1 MCQH29 XDR | eBay
  14. A

Thanks for everyone who helped answer my questions (and for all of the other helpful information on this thread). Here's what I ended up getting 1 Dell C6100 8x 2.93 GHz X5570 server with 192 Gig RAM single power supply 1 DELL 1100W power supply 4 QDR VPI Dual Port 40 Gb/s Infiniband daughter...
  15. A

what's the best (reasonably cost) way to connect the 4 Infiniband daughter card's together? I've never used infiniband before. I assume a switch and 8 cables, I don't know what kind of cable or switch to get.