Recent content by Alan Robertson

1. A

New LSI 9400 Series NVMe HBA

x16 PCI 3.1 . External ports HBA 9405W-16e Tri-Mode Storage Adapter
  2. A

There is a 16x lane version but it is for external storage. Would like to see a review of these and the RAID version the . MegaRAID 9460-16i
  3. A

PCIe NVMe HBA FYI

Below looks cool... HighPoint Intros SSD7101 Series PCI-Express 3.0 x16 NVMe RAID SSDs
  4. A

DA SFP to DA SFP (X-Over)

So just to confirm 2 servers with 10/40G SFP + network cards (Back to Back) will connect with a DA Copper cable (Same cable that would normally to go a Switch). Typical use say for 2 node Vshpere Vsan.. Cheers..
  5. A

DA SFP to DA SFP (X-Over)

HI Is it possible to direct attach two servers togeather with 10/40G SFP or QSFP Ethernet cards with DC Copper Cables or can you only do it with Optics. Like you can do with a x-over RJ45 cable. Thanks Alan
  6. A

Is it possible to get these SAS Hitachi drives to work on a "normal" system?

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series - Flash-Optimized VSP Systems | HDS They will be from the above SAN or earlier model Alan
  7. A

[Help] ServeRaid M5210 no longer working after firmware upgrade

HI Your L2/L3 Cache error is fixed in the below IBM release as well, It was M6.13 I used.. IBM Support Fixed an issue where L2/L3 Cache error was detected on the RAID controller during boot. (SCGCQ01155454 Port of SCGCQ01018958)
  8. A

HI I see that Broadcom have new 9400 series NVMe HBA's SAS/SATA Host Bus Adapters Alan
  9. A

HI I used MR6.12 I see there is a new one M6.13 not tried that one yet MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i Alan
  10. A

Hi Upgraded with Windows 10 and MSM to LSI 9361 latest version and no problems, also if you enable EFI in the pci slot config in the bios setup you get the full raid config and setup menu in the bios setup (SM X10dri).
  11. A

F2uSoe: 12 Hot swap NVME Drives in a 2U, the Intel NVMe Cage works with SuperMicro Card.

HI Four port options below, not tried them.. High Speed Serial Cables, Adapters and Accessories from Serial Cables Alan
  12. A

What steps do you recommend I take to update my one when it arrives , I will use the latest IBM Version.. Thanks Alan
  13. A

HI I have one in the post from e-bay so interested in the above.. Below thread mentions a jumper to short that may help on the M5210 as well see pdf below for location of jumper on M5210 Crossflashing of LSI 9341-8i to LSI 9300-8i. Success (but no SMART pass through) Page 20 Jumper J1b4...
  14. A

IBM M5210 in X10DRi

HI. Will the M5201 work in a Supermicro X10DRi. I have purchased one off ebay. Also what is the difference between the below cables to attach to the backplane on a SC745TQ One is called a Cross Over Cable with Sideband and the other is a normal cable with Sideband is it the normal cable I...
  15. A

SC745TQ and X10DRi CPU Cooler options

HI I have the SC745TQ and a X10DRi motherboard that I am doing to install 2 x E5 V4 Xeons what the best CPU cooler options for a quiet experience. I assume I have to remove the air shroud to put anything decent in. Also using Load Reduced DDR4 to memory quite tall. Looking just for Air no...