Recent content by akkk44

1. A

U.2 drives showing very high temperature under load but SMART reporting normal

Tried puting a Intel P4510 U.2 ssd(Which did listed in the AVL of the barebone system) in the same drive bay and it behaves normally. My guess is that some wierd compatibility issue may play a role here... Things get pretty wild in the server world. I can't even disable that BMC sensor.
  2. A

I "solved" this problem by attaching the drive to a U.2-PCIE adaptor card and that BMC no longer gets those wild temp reading. Now all sensors are about 38 ℃ idle and 44 ℃ under load, which is way more consistent than before. I am now pretty happy with that. I will report back if anything did...
  3. A

The shell of the drive remained cold to touch, even the temp in reporting 70℃
  4. A

The temp reported by BMC started at ~ -30℃ and rapidly grow to 70℃. I tested an Intel P4510 4TB U.2 SSD, which have a TDP rated at 15W, and the TDP of CD-6 is 19W. The Inter drive works totally fine, kept at stable ~40℃ under load. Would 4W TDP really make this much a difference?
  5. A

Mellanox SN2100 firmware

Sadly the page has disappeared and now linked to NVIDIA APPLICATION HUB
  6. A

https://42witch-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/comet_42witch_onmicrosoft_com/EuufkUC-Ts1Mg1xeXI9h16UBr_BFHVij8N0OFOKEYo9AaA?e=TANg4x Images for refernce.
  7. A

Greetings folks, I recently get my hands on a KIOXIA cd6 U.2 ssd. When I plug it into the system(Tyan B8252),The NVME_SSD_1 temperature sensor reading is about 35℃, and the SMART shows about the same value. However, the temperature when sky high in just a few seconds once I put some load onto...
  8. A

8 pin connectors nolonger out put 12V afterusing the wrong GPU power cable

I have ordered the fuses (24V 20A), insulated the board and practiced the useage of a hot air rework station for couple times on a prictice board. Now the only thing I can do is to wait for the fuses and hope for the best.
  9. A

I noticed the manual mentioned that the 8pin GPU connector supports up to 20A. So 20A is what I am looking for? I wonder what is the Voltage spec of the fuse means, it is ok to choose any fuse above 12V and blow at 20A?
  10. A

I have tried searching, does the letter S marked on the fuse mean it will blow at 4A current and that is the specification I am looking for?
  11. A

Are the components that start with F on the board fuses? How can I tell if they are good or bad and what their specifications are?
  12. A

Here is a top down view image,could you please point out the fuses you have mentioned so that I can take a closer look? Thanks a lot!
  13. A

Normally the connector will start outputting 12V after the system is powered on, but they now just stay at 0.x volts as the system is turned off.
  14. A

I connected the GPU and the motherboard with the wrong cable, the GPU and the cable seemed to be fine but the 8pin connector no longer output 12V
  15. A

Yes, they were listed as PE_PW1- PE_PW5 outputs in the manual