Recent content by AJXCR

1. A

NVME PM963 2.5" 960GB $300

The drives not the memory, but pretty much (..at least briefly until I pulled them all out of the machine and wrote them off as expensive paperweights).
  2. A

The Linux reset approach worked, but only to make the drive functional up until power to the machine was cycled.. at which point the drives would once again crash. My experience was with the 2.5” form factor drive only, but I believe the issue was with the firmware on the drive itself. As noted...
  3. A

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but to my knowledge (although I haven’t kept up with or given any thought to the issue in quite some time) there is no fix. The drives will fail cyclically with every power cycle. I threw all 14? 15? I have in a box somewhere and forgot about them. -Craig
  4. A

WTB: 120MM Fan Wall Bracket for 4U Norco

Hmm I believe I have an extra.. If you really, REALLY want one (or maybe something similar but slightly different), I might be persuaded to make them on the plasma table.. or even some nice billet aluminum ones on the vmc, but it would it wouldn’t be very cost effective. I’ll look and see if I...
  5. A

[WTB] Looking for QUANTA QCT S210-X22RQ 2U 24XSFF or 24-bay 2.5 drive servers

I’ve got a new 72 bay SAS3 4U Supermicro chassis which is currently not being used.. Not exactly what you requested, but hey :rolleyes:
  6. A

SC846: Norco wall with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Worth noting- I’ve had no issues running Noctura Ind fan swapped Supermicro 4U 36 and 72 bay enclosures loaded to the brim with memory, dual high power CPU’s, multiple fiber 40G NIC’s, HBA’s, 2.5” SAS3/NVMe and/or 3.5” HGST spinning disks.. 24/7 for years. Regarding the proposed experiment...
  7. A

:D Sadly I have no idea.. my drives have no OEM markings and Samsung was unwilling to divulge this info
  8. A

...if you can obtain the right fw.. and get it to update from errormod without wiping the data.
  9. A

If I took a brand new drive and flashed it with the firmware that was on my drives when I received them, the new drive immediately exhibited the same issue.. This leads me to be pretty confident in the fw being the source of the problem. Regarding companies who specialize in data recovery, I...
  10. A

I was referring to the error state.. I have not been able to recover any data from a failed drive.
  11. A

My frustration was less with the drives themselves and more with the total runaround Samsung gave me with regard to firmware.. regardless of where the drives were purchased (new or used). Their response was “We don’t support enterprise drives. Not our problem- talk to our dealers...” and, apart...
  12. A

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help..
  13. A

I don’t follow.. Apart from resetting the drives (which for me makes them work momentarily), I have no solution.
  14. A

Miki, Bound and determined to come up with a workable solution, I wasted a completely unreasonable amount of time on these drives. Unfortunately I was unable to find a way to recover any functionality without erasing the drives or source any firmware which proved to be stable. Samsung and their...
  15. A

Gnodal GS7200- 72 Ports 10 G fiber

Admittedly not my area of expertise, but seems to be somewhat Cisco like. Switch will include latest firmware and a comprehensive folder of documents I've gathered during ownership of this an other Gnodal switches. Another document store can be found here...