Recent content by Agremlin

1. A

Dell R720 no drives detected

I bought a H710P mini. All cables are connected and look in good condition. When i try hardware diagnostics i get error: "hard drive not cennected or controller not supported". I then borrowed a H710 mini from another machine and got same message. Daignostics screen says "internal storage...
  2. A

I worked out there is no raid controller card (mini type) - its empty just in from of the back right region of server. I have a H310 (pcie adalter type) card from a T3600 workstation, can i use this? If i plug it into pcie slot, what cables do i need to attach to enable the backplate?
  3. A

I just bought an R720, came with 2 SATA drives plugged into backplate. The machine has no raid card and I dont need raid. Came from a data center and used with hypervisor for compute without disks. In bios there is no mention of disks, in f10 settings, says disk unavailable. When boot linux...
  4. A

AU Big Cisco UCS Sale, Servers, Chassis, Interconnects...etc

You mention the Cisco C220 M4 SFF "v2" server is missing some main bits such as psu's, but 2xPSU's are mentioned in the description. Do you have heatsink(s) to go with this?
  5. A

Best 32gb dimm for asrock x99 MB

Thanks all, have xeon, will see if can find cheap 2133mhz rdimms
  6. A

Best 32gb dimm for asrock x99 MB

I have an Asrock X99 WS mb, in specs on main site the board can support 32gb dimms for a total of 256gb. However I haven't been able to find anywhere which specific dimms are supported. I could 1) use the 32gb version of 16gb dimms on QVL list, 2) get most common (whatever that is) sk...
  7. A

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

I picked up 8x16gb (sk hynix HMA42GR7AFR4N - UH) used for USD$280 locally (AU), one of the dimms was dead, seller gave discount and ended up with 7 for $220. Cheapest i can find that particular part to have full set is USD$100 for the single 16gb stick. Cant quite bring myself to spend it though...
  8. A

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

This thread inspired me to look at minis which I hadn't considered before. Haven't found a HP G2 DM or Dell /lenovo i5- 6500t equivalent (or G3/newer) at bargain price (for me) but did find a HP prodesk 600 G5 at a great price. More than i need so is going to be my wifes new desktop. Thanks all
  9. A

Workstation: 5120T vs. W-2140B, and mobos.

Re: new I haven't done enough research but id certainly look at AMD based builds. Last new build I did was LGA2066 with I7-7820X but moved on from that to X99 WS where ecc ram is significantly cheaper than gaming ddr4. I seem to collect used gear when I find a bargain and have the following...
  10. A

Workstation: 5120T vs. W-2140B, and mobos.

I'm running 3x2080ti on an ASUS x99-E WS with an E5 2690v3. I only have 96gb ram (bought 128gb of 2400mhz but 1 dimm was dead, total pain to find a matching dimm). Thing i notice most is lack of ram. At 96gb i often go into swap (eg during inference), 128gb may be just enough. Have a SM...
  11. A

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I'm looking to getting one or two SFF/USFF hp/dell/lenovo for projects, can pickup used boxes cheap locally (im looking in $100-$150 range). Has anyone come across a comparison of newish SFF machines comparing power use, expandability and processing power? @Patrick if you do compile some...