Recent content by AgentXXL

1. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes, that's why I'm more hopeful it'll work. One of my other systems has an Aquantia 10Gbps NIC onboard and the 6610 has no discernible issues with it. I just didn't find anyone posting about issues between the Intel X550 and the 6610 but thought I'd ask. EDIT: Are there any recommended...
  2. A

For the 'who the heck cares' crowd: my inability to find an actual Supermicro Aquantia AQS-107-B0C2-CX SFP module led me to purchase a Mikrotik CRS305 and S+RJ10 module. Alas that still seems to have issues with my onboard Aquantia 5Gbps NIC - the AQC111C. Asus support has been useless in my...
  3. A

My system normally runs under unRAID but I booted to my trusty WinToGo Win10 x64 and installed the latest driver from Marvell - for my AQC111C that's driver 3.1.6.0. Alas still no joy for the firmware updater. I'm more than certain it's the missing system IDs in the XML file that's preventing...
  4. A

Glad it worked out for you... I ended up grabbing a Mikrotik CRS305 and one of their S+RJ10 SFP+ to RJ45 modules as I couldn't find a supplier that had stock and/or would ship to Canada. I'm still shopping for one of the Supermicro modules but I suspect I have another issue to fix - specifically...
  5. A

Another question for the network gurus here... probably more of a Mikrotik question but since it's connected to the ICX6610 I'm posting it in this thread. Installing the Mikrotik CRS305 as a 'rate converter' for the onboard Aquantic 5Gbps NIC in one of my systems has provided better transfer...
  6. A

The Mikrotik CRS305 and S+RJ10 SFP+ module arrived and have been implemented. The S+RJ10 module and my existing Wiitek modules all seem to report the correct speeds but I'm going to use the S+RJ10 on my Aquantia 5Gbps NIC as it's the one causing me the most trouble. Still waiting for Asus to...
  7. A

Thanks! I've ordered a CRS305 and one of the Mikrotik S+RJ10 SFP+ modules just in case my Wiitek doesn't work. I'll hopefully have success later this week when they arrive. In the meantime I've also discovered that the on-board Aquantia 5Gbps NIC (AQC111C) on my Asus Prime x299 Deluxe II is...
  8. A

Is that the Mikrotik S+RJ10 module? Unfortunately that bumps the price of a solution back into the same range as one of the Supermicro SFP modules that would work with the 6610 @ 5Gbps. Of course the Mikrotik is a lot easier to find than the Supermicro module so perhaps that's what I'll have to...
  9. A

I'm having no luck finding the Supermicro AOM-AQS-107-B0C2-CX in stock from a supplier that's based in or will ship to Canada. I'm looking at other options to get the onboard 5Gbps NIC on one of my systems working properly with my 6610. As the 6610 SFP+ ports only link at 1Gbp or 10Gbps, would I...
  10. A

Only if you can find the specific SFP+ module that's known to work, specifically the Supermicro AOM-AQS-107-B0C2-CX. Be careful - there are many knock-offs that claim to be 100% compatible but all that I've found all use the Marvell chip vs the Supermicro which uses the Aquantia AQS-107. It...
  11. A

I'm a novice when it comes to configuring a managed switch like the 6610. I did a bit of reading and tried this command: Device(config)#interface ethernet 1/3/2 Device(config-if-e1000-1/3/2)#rate input fixed 4000000 Traffic in one direction was OK with no retransmits, but the other still...
  12. A

Thanks for those comments. Yes, my home network is very much a flat topology - I'm retired so I don't need to build out a full homelab that resembles what is done at the corporate/enterprise level. As it turns out, as @Dave Corder mentioned earlier in this thread, it appears that it's the Wiitek...
  13. A

My 6610 came with the license to enable them and I guess the seller likely set them to that before shipping to me. Regardless, my revert attempt was a wild grasp at air, i.e. a waste of my time. I have since reloaded the licenses you provide and followed the 3 guides. Alas I still get far too...
  14. A

Very likely... I'm retired now for health reasons but my career had me often working with our IT teams. I had never really wanted 10Gbe (or better) until recently but I had heard about jumbo frames and MTU. Whenever we needed faster transfers it was up to our network gurus to do the changes. Now...
  15. A

1. Yes, I have a physical pfSense system operating as my router, connected to my ISP via DOCSIS 3.1 modem in bridge mode. 2. N/A 3. When I tried to assign a new MTU value to a specific port, it always gave an error that MTU is an unrecognized command. I was able to assign a MTU to a VLAN, but...