Recent content by aftereffectsmagic

1. A

X8DTU-F and NVME / UEFI booting

Hi there, Long time, no post! I got my X8DTU-F motherboard back up and running and boy, that was tough :) So, I'm finally in the position to proceed with my ESXi / FreeNAS install. I've installed ESXi to my 32 GB Intel Optane M.2 SSD, which is connected to my system via a M.2 PCie to PCI...
  2. A

X8DTU-F Won't Boot, Alternatives

Okay, folks! @nthu9280 - I looked at the Supermicro X9DRW-iTPF+ and it's not going to fit into my chassis although I love the idea of SFP + 10gbe. According to the Supermicro specs, it's 12.8" x 16.5". My chassis looks to only accept small variations of 12" x 13" - it will do square boards...
  3. A

I've tried flashing the BIOS via USB, as the X8 IPMI firmware is too old to have a BIOS flash via IPMI option. I thought about getting an evaluation license but SuperMicro support confirmed that a license would not work for the X8 firmware, as that option is only available on the X9 / X10 / X11...
  4. A

Tested with my desktop PSU. Same behavior- powers on, but no video signal on the board with or without graphics card. Time to call it?
  5. A

Okay! Status update: GPU Test -Removed bracket from GPU -Inserted GPU directly into PCIe x16 slot then realized the plastic tab to the right of the GPU's connector pins would not fit into the adjacent slot (x8 slot) on the motherboard, so all of the GPU's pins won't fully connect -GPU powers...
  6. A

Hey, @nthu9280 ! I've been powering on the motherboard by shorting the power pins on the motherboard itself, as I have not yet installed a replacement left ear handle (with the power circuit board and panel). Doubt that makes any difference? Is that what you mean by shorting the MB to the...
  7. A

Hey there, @BLinux !! ;) I've been running the system using only the L5520 single-socket on Socket 1. Just put the L5520 on Socket 2, no luck. Also put one of the X5675s on Socket 1 and 2 earlier just to make sure it wasn't the L5520. I "inspected" the pins (if by "inspect" you mean look...
  8. A

Hi there, I've been slowly putting together my first ESXi / FreeNAS build with a 847 chassis and a X8DTU-F motherboard. The motherboard and included CPU (L5520) came free with the chassis, and I've been working with them over two months. I also have a pair of X5675s that I plan to use once...
  9. A

WTB (US-CA): SuperMicro 3U / 4U Outer Rails (for MCP-290-00057-0N)

Yeah, ideally I'd like just the outers so I don't have spare Rev A inners lying around, but if no dice on that, I'll replace the whole setup with 00053 Rev B rails. Reached out to the seller to clarify. Thanks for all of your help, I'll report back with more info on that particular kit. If...
  10. A

Still looking for the 00053 rails on eBay. I came across this deal for the 00053 rails for $30. The rails in the photo have blue labels- most of the 00053 rails I've seen have yellow labels. Is this listing legit, or is it not exactly accurate? I've seen other rails sell for more than this set...
  11. A

Thanks for chipping in! Have put in a few offers on eBay but would ideally like to grab a set of Rev. A outer rails from someone here on the forum just so I don't have spare parts lying around, or have to sell the existing inner rails. Have those items and am willing to trade: -1 set of 24"...
  12. A

Talked with SuperMicro and we both think I have MCP-290-00057-0N inner rails. The holes seem to match up with the product page- if anyone has outer rails that match the 57 inner rails, definitely let me know. Thanks!
  13. A

Whoah! Thanks for the heads up- measured the rails I have, because all of the stickers have been removed... (sure looks like it may be Rev A now if no stickers are there, but I think I see/feel some sticker residue on the rails). The inner rails are 26" long and exactly 40 mm tall. According...
  14. A

Have a chassis with the narrower set of inner rails, tool-less, snap-in, made by Repon but no part number, looks to be similar to a Rev B set of inner rails. They came included with a 847E1-R1400UB chassis. The inner rails are looking for their forever match- a pair of left and right outer...