Recent content by adman_c

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

FYI, our friend on reddit who 3d prints rear baffles/brackets can now print the Tiny6 baffle for the SuperMicro AOC-STGN-i2s and the Mellanox CX311A (I sent him the materials so he could test fit). @Parallax, not sure if that's first-post-worthy information or not.
  2. A

I figured thermals would be adversely impacted since I was basically wrapping the drive in a teeny little blanket. But to whatever extent the drive is accurately reporting its temps, they are fine (~30C). @ReturnedSword has the right idea if I can figure a place to mount it so that it doesn't...
  3. A

I did exactly that. A “shucked” 2.5” SATA SSD is quite tiny and fits in the case along with a suitably small NIC. I insulated mine with electrical tape because it sticks more readily than kapton. On temps: the SATA SSDs I have removed from their case have zero heat-sinking at all. They were in a...
  4. A

When I was troubleshooting the problem I had with my NIC in the riser I plugged in a cheapo PCIE to NVME adapter and the Tiny wouldn't boot. Honestly I didn't troubleshoot whether I could get that to work bc I figured out the NIC issue. But maybe there's some kind of weird bios limitation on the...
  5. A

Since I ended up selling all but one of my UK P350s, I'll actually have a couple spare risers once I receive them. Happy to sell for what I paid if anyone wants to pay a little bit more than retail to get them quicker.
  6. A

For all the Tiny6 peeps, Encompass just shipped my 16x risers, so they are, in fact, getting some supply. Just slowly I guess.
  7. A

InterVLAN Routing Issues - Something missing?

I know right? I'll be like "I know it's always DNS, but I know that and I have DNS configured right, so it's not DNS." Narrator: "It was DNS"
  8. A

Yeah, my inter-vlan routing works, but I have done both 1) and 2). The only problem I had was having the wrong gateway set on several of my machines with manually-set IPs.
  9. A

What happens if you temporarily remove the default route to the firewall?
  10. A

Hmm. Weird. What does traceroute from host a to host b (and vice-versa) show?
  11. A

You should set up the IP of each VE as the default gateway for DHCP assignments in their respective subnets. So for DHCP assignments in VLAN 50 you should set the default gateway as 10.10.50.1, and for DHCP assignments in VLAN 10 it should be 10.10.10.1. At that point, as long as 10.10.50.150...
  12. A

Cool! I think I measured and they’re almost exactly 4U high when standing vertically, so I had thought it’d be cool to have a 4U enclosure with a whole bunch standing vertically like Blades. Of course I’m not sure how you’d keep them from cooking.