Recent content by Adeel Akram

1. A

Is it possible to get these SAS Hitachi drives to work on a "normal" system?

Hi, The disks that are having the issue are most likely disks pulled out of a Hitachi VSP Storage system. These disks a firmware locked and no utility is able to make them usable. I have tried a lot. I finally found a Russian guy who was able to unlock the disks for me and installed generic...
  2. A

Is it possible to get these SAS Hitachi drives to work on a "normal" system?

I am also stuck with more than a 1,000 units of these disks. I am willing to pay anyone who can invest time in resolving this. The Majority Model is HUC106060CSS600 or DKR5C-J60SS. The disks show perfect health. I am able to use sg_utils to format them from 520 Bytes to 512 Bytes (Most are...
  3. A

BNT/IBM G8124 firmware upgrade

Hi @Elijah. Did you try the Lenovo 8.4.10 firmware?
  4. A

BNT/IBM G8124 firmware upgrade

Awesome stuff @fohdeesha. I also bricked my switch and am in the same boat as most. Now reading your post i see there is a ray of hope to recover it. Is there any other devise that can perform the same functionality as BDI2000 but is a bit cheaper. I am outside of US and BDI2000 is costing as...
  5. A

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Well we can't rule that out. I am currently stuck with 400 HGST 450GB 15K disks that are already formatted 512 bytes but refuse to work in any system that I have. I have tried dozens of serves and expansions so far. Tried Every tool i can think of and so far nothing has worked. I even have a...
  6. A

Still stuck with the disks. :-( 500$ reward to whoever can solve this puzzle. :-)
  7. A

Looking at the su_utils output, MukeJ suggested that the drive was not spinning up. I tried using "sdparm" to force the drive to spin up, but even sdparm is not able to make the drive spin up. It times out. :-( [root@localhost ~]# sdparm --command=start --six -v /dev/sg2 >>> about to open...
  8. A

Hi Guys, I bought some used Hitachi Disks (Model: HUS154545VLS300) from a local supplier. I knew that they were storage disks and were formatted 520bytes, but i was not worried since i have previously used sg_utils to format storage disks and use them in servers. But these drives are some...