Recent content by adam_kf

1. A

HP / HPE Moonshot Unofficial Reference Guide

exciting! i'm waiting with bated breath! Fingers crossed for the "hole in one" first batch. I know the feeling... had a few custom engineering builds in the past (cases mostly) that were never "quite right" but nothing a Dremel and a drill couldn't fix :)
  2. A

Interesting. I found a few Alibaba sellers last night who look like they do custom jobs with heat pipes and all. Unsure of cost but willing to investigate there as well. I'd love to get my hand on a proper 867458-001 heatsink to reference, but they're impossible to find... anywhere... Also...
  3. A

Awesome works Scott! I'm going to try to print on my end, see how I go. I picked up one of these and subsequently another 3 more recently. Looking forward to see how you go with the heatsinks as well. What's the ordering process look like for them?
  4. A

Yes, the rear bracket is actually a separate HPE SKU. Here's the SKU's as far as I've been able to tell: 867458-001 or 864712-001 - M510 Heatsink Extended 867511-001 - M510 Heatsink Backplate Note: the backplate is available through HPE spare parts, so the only thing we need is the actual...
  5. A

Nytro 5000 1.92Tb XP1920LE30002 $199.99

Picked up 2 of these to do some testing with. Love the capacity/density/price ratio on them. I installed them into an Asus Hyper M.2 x16 Card and so far things are looking promising. I'm seeing temps around 42C idle and 48C under sustained load/benching. The numbers are certainly not Samsung...
  6. A

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I'm using Mellanox copper cables without incident (eg: MC2206130-00A 0.5M cable). I've also used some Mellanox QSFP to SFP+ converter (eg: MAM1Q00A-QSA), even HP rebranded ones, and they all work fine. I thinks it's fairly safe to say that most mellanox sku's are white-listed by Arista as the...
  7. A

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

more validation than anything else. Between Mellanox KB's and Microsoft Technet, there appears to be some solid config guidance for Arista EOS. I'm awaiting the server hardware but in my reading so far, i should be doing something along these lines for the interfaces: interface Ethernet1/1...
  8. A

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Picked up a whole bunch of these the other day. I got 4.20.2F operational and in testing right now: localhost#show ver Arista DCS-7050QX-32-R Hardware version: 02.11 Serial number: XXXXX System MAC address: XXXXX Software image version: 4.20.2F Architecture: i386 Internal...
  9. A

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware

Still playing myself. When live migrating VM's I can saturate the link (full 10GBit). S2D is not spectacular but i've not tried optimizing too much yet... job for tomorrow. Does RDMA show as enabled with all the powershell listed in the first post?
  10. A

Glad to hear it. Also, I finally figured out why one of the servers was not flagging as "RDMA capable" when running Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface... I had forgotten to install the WinOF pack. In the case of my four servers, I installed WinOF 5.35...
  11. A

Success! Here's what i did (in case it helps anyone else): 1) download the HP firmware image as suggested by i386 (Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center.) 2) start the install and copy the folder containing "fw-ConnectX2-rel.mlx" from my %temp% folder 3) Run the following commands to a)...
  12. A

Argh, close but no cigar: mlxburn.exe -dev mt26448_pci_cr0 -fw .\fw-ConnectX2-rel.mlx -conf .\MNPA19_A1-A2.ini -I- Generating image ... Current FW version on flash: 2.9.1200 New FW version: 2.10.720 -E- Image burn Failed: Failsafe operation failed: Bad FW image...
  13. A

No luck unfortunately. Fimware flashes successfully but the NIC disappears after reboot, and starts reporting as an errored PCI device: PS C:\> Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName *mellanox* Status Class FriendlyName...
  14. A

Successfully unbricked using the other device (mt26448_pciconf0) and the stock 2.9.1200 from the Mellanox website: flint -d mt26448_pciconf0 -i fw-ConnectX2-rel-2_9_1200-MNPA19_A1-A3-FlexBoot-3.3.400.bin burn I'll give that a try and let you know.
  15. A

Dan: After much searching, I found a copy here. Here's a OneDrive link: fw-ConnectX2-rel-2_9_8350.zip If you get it working, let me know