Recent content by abundantmussel

1. A

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Can confirm the following works fine: LSI 9207-8E PCIe SAS card Kingston Fury Impact PnP 64GB (2x32GB) 5600MT/s DDR5 CL40 (KF556S40IBK2-64)
  2. A

EU FS - 192GB DDR3 ECC RAM

Still available (bump)
  3. A

I have also updated the ad with the image link and also added that I am willing to split them into HP only or Arch memory also as I understand some folks might prefer all dimms to be one brand of memory etc.
  4. A

Im not sure, here are images of them and the labels on them. Imgur
  5. A

Whoops forgot that part, they are all 8GB.
  6. A

192GB 10600R DDR3 ECC (HP branded) All DIMMs are 8GB. €500 + Shipping + PP fees for the lot. Images - Imgur These were pulled from R410s last week. Shipping: EU is preferred, but will ship world wide if needed. Example rates: €11 (Ireland) €15 (Mainland UK) €30 (France) €30 (Germany) €30...
  7. A

affordable (little) proxmox home server

I would recommend the Dell T20 love the ones I have, the base Xeon model just needs extra RAM added and its good to go. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. A

Dell 410 raid controller insight

That is very strange. Are the 450GB disks from a SAN by any chance? EMC, NetApp and a few others use a 520 sector size instead of the standard 512, if this is the case you’ll need to format the sector size to 512 before using them. It could be that the SATA III drives might need to be jumpered...
  9. A

Dell 410 raid controller insight

The SAS6/iR supports drives up to 2TB and a total of 4 drives so 8TB total. What do you use these RAIDs for? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. A

Reviving decomissioned Dell PowerEdge R410

My R410s (8) had H200 and before an OS will see them you need to create a virtual drive via the H card bios. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. A

External authentication with Proxmox

I have Proxmox working with LDAP but it only does authentication not authorisation. So groups and users still have to be created in proxmox. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. A

Nagios Blessing or Curse

Ive ran nagios since 2012 but switched to its fork Icinga in late 2013. Today I run sensu instead of both (it can also use nagios plugins which is handy). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. A

Synology DSM 6.1 Released

My DS2415+ wasn't either just downloaded it from their website instead. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. A

How would you setup this Proxmox storage?

My first experience of CEPH was in VM workstation on my desktop. It's a good idea to get a feel for it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk