Recent content by Aardvark0

1. A

[GIGABYTE WRX80-SU8] IPMI fancontrol

Where did you buy it? I can only find the Asus WRX80 board available
  2. A

PM983 or other 8tb ssd for sustained writes?

Thanks for the suggestions I have (4) of the sn850 gen4s in a raid for testing - its an impressive 21 GB/s read, 18 GB/s write for the entire 8tb. I can't raid for this particular use. I can get the micron 9300 or the pm983 7.68tb for about $1k which seems ok. Do you know if there is a util to...
  3. A

PM983 or other 8tb ssd for sustained writes?

Looking for ssds with sustained writes that don't drop to super slow when the cache runs out and drive fills up. application is to dump 1tb or so continuous to the drive in one go. source maxs out at 2 GB/sec so gen4 is not necessary. currently use EVO 860 sata ssds, can fill the entire drive at...
  4. A

Server 2019 on TRX40?

Sorry, yes it can be virtualized, but the goal here for switching from Workstation to Server2019 versions is for decreased latency and cpu overhead offered by rdma which is not available in the workstation edition. Its running a single cuda app, 1 workstation with 2 nvlink gpus linked to a 2nd...
  5. A

Resizable Bar on Asus Dual 621 Sage, success

@Venturi Do you not find that multiple numa nodes with a dual socket board has a significant negative effect on gpu compute? I switched to trx40 because of that, at least for vfx, similar setup 2x 3090, now with a 3970x. With resizable bar enabled, do you know the appropriate setting for...
  6. A

Today only $399: XPG SX8100 Series: 4TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280, 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive

Don't buy these if you care about sustained writes. Has a very small cache, after the drive is 25% full, write speeds drop from 3200 MB/sec to 240 MB/sec, and as low as 10 MB/sec for sustained writes. Bought a few when they were $399 at Newegg at the end of the year, at least they didn't...
  7. A

Server 2019 on TRX40?

Using as a workstation for GPU compute, cant be virtualized. For anyone who finds this thread later, Enable Wireless Networking, Bluetooth, and Audio services in Server2019 first Install AMD_Server_chipset drivers for EPYC - latest ones seem to be from 2018 (!) - available from gigabyte or...
  8. A

Server 2019 on TRX40?

AMD only offers a chipset driver for Win10. I normally use Win10forWorkstations which is working fine, but wanted to try Server2019 when I realized RDMA only works as a client on the workstation edition and not for shares. I'm using aorus xtreme with a 3970x, after fresh install and updates...
  9. A

Samsung 983 DCT m.2 Read Speed

I think --erase is for sas and I don't think the windows toolkit drivers support nvme erase, under linux it should be DCToolkitD --disk 0:c --nvme-format-namespace --user-data-erase
  10. A

PCIe 4.0 HBA's?

Areca 1886 versions due out January, including an interesting new variant with 6x nvme slots and 2x sff-8643 ports
  11. A

USB or TB3 to U.2 ?

There are plenty of USB3 or TB3 to NVME, having trouble finding an adapter for U.2 Icy has one that keeps getting pushed back: https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=363 Have a camera that records to U.2 drives, need a small/cable solution to use in the field, not a whole TB3 PCIe expansion...
  12. A

Seagate Exos settings for raid

SeaChest_Lite -d PD0 --setSectorSize 4096 --confirm this-will-erase-data then reset, sector size seems to only be checked at boot. might have unexpected results if the drive is in the usb enclosure, usb bridge might not support 4096 sector size. these seem to be pointless with areca/lsi cards...
  13. A

Seagate Exos settings for raid

Setting up new raids with X16 drives, pulled from expansion usbs. The drives were set at 512e, switched them to 4096 no problem ERC/TLER was set at 10s - sctReadTimer, sctWriteTimer, changed to 7s. Most of the power related functions are disabled by default. --lowCurrentSpinup --puisFeature...
  14. A

FS: 24-port Zyxel 10GbE Switch, QCT 4x Intel E5-4650 4U server

Zyxel xs3700-24 24-port 10GbE - 12x SFP+, 8x 10GBASE-T, 4x Combo L2+ Switch SOLD Quanta QCT STRATOS S400-X44E 4U Server (4) E5-4650 QS C0 QB83 (3) Power Supplies Dual i350 GBE option 32GB Ram 64GB SSD specs: Hyperscale Products | QCT- Quanta Cloud Technology This was used for video...