Recent content by aah

1. A

Dataset share type and ACL permissions

Hello, I have two questions. In my home environment, I have Windows PCs, Macbook laptops, Linux VMs, and both android and iOS devices. What is the best method for creating a share folder that all these devices can read from and write to? Please note that no two nodes will write to the same file...
  2. A

What is the best option for creating a NFS for my entire network from ESXi 8?

Thank you gea, oneplane, itronin, and everyone else. This forum, so far, has turned out to be one of the best that I have joined in a long loong time! Not only haven't I got any of the mundane and generic responses - i.e why donchya search?, ask google., etc - but also, I have received...
  3. A

This raid controller does have BBU. Surely, there must be a study somewhere as to attest to the superiority of zfs+ softraid over thousand dollars plus hardware raid controllers as you suggest. Logically, by that notion, all datacenters would have switched to opensource free softraids by now.
  4. A

OKay! Well, first things first, this answer is very detailed, and I assume it took a while for you to write it. So, thank you for that. You guessed correct. I have 3 bays installed on this server. 1 SFF, and 2 LFFs. The RAID card doesn't allow for mixing SFFs and LFFs, neither does it allow...
  5. A

Hi, I am not even entirely sure this is the best sub-forum for posting my question. Regardless, here it goes: I have a HP ML350 Gen10 at home that's running 8 SSDs in RAID 6, and 8 12TB HDDs in RAID 6 both managed via a P816i-a Raid Controller. I have installed ESXi 8.0 on the sever. All my VMs...