Recent content by _haru

1. _haru

Xeons with an open multiplier

They do exist, but they are not unlocked.
  2. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

广达C602 双路X79/2011 服务器主板 支持E5-2670 2680V2-淘宝网 has anyone tried one of these cheap dual socket boards before?
  3. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Could the QJW0 be early cascade lake then? i have heard there are some samples floating around in china.
  4. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Got two matched QD8Gs this morning. Now just to find a cheap board that can run then :(
  5. _haru

Xeon ES/QS Turbo Bins Database

Intel QL32 - A0 E3-1230 v6 ES
  6. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Finally got my QL32 (A0 stepping E3-1230 v6) working in my Asus Z270-AR. All I had to do to get it running was dump the bios with a CH341A SPI flasher, open it up in Intel FIT, set the 'Reserved' value in the 'ME Kernel' section to 'Yes' and flash it back with the SPI. 100% stable so far...
  7. _haru

Look at the voltage - there is no way in hell that chip is 7.5ghz at 1.25v.
  8. _haru

QX9775 isn't a xeon, it's a core 2 extreme. I presume this is the cpuz validation we are talking about? Intel Xeon W5580 @ 5612.23 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR Cpuz can sometimes misidentify a chip in the "name" section, but the "specification" part is from the chip and the board's bios. so the chip...
  9. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

from what i remember they have shown up in HP rigs. they do not have unlocked multipliers like the other 16xx v3 chips. can't remember where i saw it but iirc there was a rumour that they were originally multi unlocked but later reprocessed to be locked, but that sounds a bit wishful thinking-y...
  10. _haru

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Got 4x4gb hyperx predator ddr4-2800 for $100 AUD last week. got a 1x8gb stick of g.skill 2133 the other day for $50 too. prices are starting to go down, at least over here in Australia (though those deals were more to do with the the seller undercutting).
  11. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

hmm, makes sense. on another note, i did a thing : bit out of the scope of this thread, but it's a xeon (b1 stepping 5070, probably QJYK) and it's an ES ;)
  12. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

interesting - had no idea they can disable the cpu o.O
  13. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

00 postcode = no cpu = probably no functional die in the blank chip.
  14. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

That most likely means it's some sort of unmarked, nonfunctional mech sample. similar to that northwood p4-m marketing kit that was given out, except that one actually worked o.O
  15. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

They're in a fair bit of demand... and if no one wants them i know someone who will be glad to take them off your hands ;)