Recent content by 9jack9

1. 9

SOLD: Western Digital Data102 JBOD Enclosure $200 + Shipping

Unit has been sold, thanks for everyone's interest.
  2. 9

I have seen conflicting information on this; and I don't know for certain one way or the other, sorry! Shipping a supermicro 90 bay unit for $300 is definitely far less than I thought! It's unlikely I have access to the same shippers as supermicro does though haha.
  3. 9

Updated the OP, should have put this up there to begin with :thumbsup:
  4. 9

As i386 mentioned, it's a niche product, and it requires some supporting infrastructure (voltage), it's quite noisy, ....and I suspect shipping will be a fortune :D
  5. 9

Yup! The depth is indeed pretty long, and of course you need significantly more depth to slide this in/out for the top cover. Also it's pretty loud (didn't get a dB meter on it).
  6. 9

In Portland OR, will update the OP as that's worthwhile.
  7. 9

Final EDIT: Unit has been sold, thanks for everyone's interest. I have a Western Digital Data102 JBOD Enclosure I'm looking to sell with no drives; everything pictured here. Have powered the unit up and did communication with the SAS channels; but we did not have enough drives (needs to be...
  8. 9

cse-846 power cable options?

Thanks for following up @PaperBlankets
  9. 9

Hi @PaperBlankets thanks for your reply. When you say the second 8-pin is split and powering the GPU, I assume you have a GPU that needs 2 8-pin connectors? Your second link is broken EDIT: looks fixed now, thanks! Also do you not have a X9DRi-F motherboard that can support 3 GPUs, or do you...
  10. 9

Supermicro Chassis or Power Supply to GPUs

If I didn't need the hard drive slots, I would consider the 2U case ...but at this rate I would likely just use a standard ATX power supply (like the EVGA 1600 Platinum), and gut out what is in the enclosure to begin with. In this regard, can you specify which PDUs have been worse than others...
  11. 9

@PaperBlankets Did you get your cables in, any success? I am attempting to do something similar as you, I want to use a Quadro 4000 RTX for Plex transcoding, and a compute/gaming GPU for use in VMs (likely most powerful GeForce card I can run with just 1 8-pin PCI-e connector). I would also...
  12. 9

Supermicro Chassis or Power Supply to GPUs

@funkywizard Thanks for your detailed post a while back! I stumbled across this thread via google as I'm trying to figure out what GPUs I can realistically power with a CSE-846 case. The tip for using the 4-pin connectors on the CPUs was top notch (provided they were not greater than 115W TDP)...
  13. 9

Old server hardware to experiment with unraid package development and virtual servers

Here is a link to the post, but basically with KVM, he could passthrough PCIe devices, but not PCI devices. Oldest/Cheapest Hardware to run as Dev Server Ogi
  14. 9

Old server hardware to experiment with unraid package development and virtual servers

That's the second time I've seen that board recommended... someone was using it in a similar fashion that I was trying to, however they had trouble passing PCI hardware through to various virtual machines... I'll have to follow up with them, regardless, I should probably take the hint. Also...
  15. 9

Hello STH Forum! A while ago I got some feedback here regarding a home server I initially wanted to use Windows Storage Spaces for. I took a bit of a detour and went with unRAID, but the feedback/help I received here was phenomenal so I'm reaching out to you guys again for help regarding a...