Recent content by 68k-dude

1. 6

Am I nuts? All Epyc boards have the socket turned 90 degrees.

Hello @aholmes5 o/ Be Quiet do the Dark Rock Pro TR4 . It is on the large side. https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1525 -68k
  2. 6

SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F

DFI I've not heard that name in years. The Lanparty boards looked shocking but they were pretty good
  3. 6

It's a nice card so it would be a shame to do it harm anyway. I have seen some slightly shorter cards from LSI and some with the connectors on the top. I think they are slightly older cards. Still 6Gb but Pcie 2.0 You might have to get that expensive cable :( What is this system? File...
  4. 6

Hello @n00bftw o/ Which LSI raid card is that? It looks like the 8217-8i You could always rip the bottom connector off :D How many drives do you need?
  5. 6

Server Mystery

Hmmmm choices time Want to do this via PM? Not sure people want to read this until it is either broken or successful
  6. 6

Server Mystery

The 1.1.4 also sounds good
  7. 6

Server Mystery

If you are willing to try then you should be able to use the Windows executable from one of the links in my previous post. I would start with the oldest one c:\somewhere> BIOS_M1HR8_WN64_1.0.3.EXE /forcetype fingers crossed
  8. 6

Server Mystery

Are you running an OS ?
  9. 6

Server Mystery

It could be possible to force a firmware update if you were willing to risk it. /forcetype as a switch for the firmware update utility
  10. 6

Server Mystery

Hello @DarthZash What memory does this thing take? Being a E5 2620 V3 it should be DDR4 The Poweredge C6220 and the C6220 II should be DDR3
  11. 6

Server Mystery

The bios shows the product as a DCS 6300 I'm thinking that this may be a data center product Dell Data Center solutions (DCS) It might not have been a "customer" system. At least not in the sense as you could have bought one for say, use in a small business or something like that.
  12. 6

Server Mystery

Dr Google shows a Masaru Igari as working for Dell. MJ7HR comes back as a C6220. As I said, this looks like a C6220 with C6320 boards inside. The bios dates for C6320 are as follows...
  13. 6

Server Mystery

Hello @DarthZash o/ The boards look like C6320 but in a 6220 chassis. The Bios Version makes little sense as it isn't C6320 version / date . Is this thing branded Dell ? It may even be some development unit. hmmmm
  14. 6

OCuLink cable issue with Supermicro MBD-X11SDV-12C-TLN2F-O

Hello @mirol o/ Scrub that. I wonder if you could get a Right angle Oculink to a straight Oculink Then and adaptor from that to your U.2 Hmmmm Good luck -68k
  15. 6

Asus KNPA-U16 with Rome 7502 QS does not boot

Hello @EagerToLearn o/ Post 00 is can be pretty bad. It means it isn't starting the boot process. Power supply, voltage rails, clocks, stuck in reset and a flat CMOS battery and many other things can all cause a 00. Have you got a known good CPU ? Is the socket OK, no bent or squashed...