Recent content by 5loth

1. 5

Why are motherboard failing Windows Server 2012?

New BIOS is up for P8B-E/4L which supports Server 2012.
  2. 5

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

Part you are referring to is the Boot Sector Block I think. I tried the recovery shortcut but I noticed my keyboard doesn't seem to get any power, however the LED on the USB Key is lit up, so the USB devices are getting power. I might try with another keyboard tomorrow.
  3. 5

Thanks I did try that but didn't use caps on the bios filename, will give that a try tonight. However I noticed when I did try it that the keyboard didn't light up, so not sure if its capable of getting far enough to accept input from the keyboard.
  4. 5

Can anyone confirm if the Supermicro X9SCM-F has a bios chip that needs to be soldered or if it has a socket? I've got a bricked board I only received from the USA yesterday after a bad BIOS flash :( Looks like I can order a replacement for around $30 from ebay.
  5. 5

Why are motherboard failing Windows Server 2012?

The error is "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR" and requires a BIOS update to fix. Asus have not confirmed they will be releasing an update to fix the issue, and if they haven't by now I'm not all that hopeful they will. I have seen mention that they won't be at all. I gave up waiting and ordered a SuperMicro...
  6. 5

Asus haven't released a BIOS update for their Asus C202/C204/C206 boards by the looks of things to fix an ACPI issue which prevents installation of Windows 8 or Server 2012. After an email to Asus they couldn't confirm if they will be releasing a BIOS update to fix the issue. I see SuperMicro...
  7. 5

IBM ServeRAID M5014 with BBU $130.30! SUPER HOT!

Yep I was the same, got a couple for around the $40 mark last year off Trademe. Looks like everyone has caught on these days which has driven up the price. I'll grab the M5014 and use the bracket off the dead M1015, going to give YouShop a try also (NZ Post's new USA-based mail forwarding service).
  8. 5

Thanks for that. I've got it in a Fractal R3 Define tower chassis so would need a bracket then, seeing as I now have a dead M1015, looking at the cards in pictures they look to be the same, I wonder if I could grab the bracket off that?
  9. 5

I've currently got a couple of M1015's however one card appears to have just died (PC won't detect, no LEDs on card). Thinking of replacing it with an M5014 and moving from ZFS/RAID-Z1 to Server 2012/RAID5. Will the lack of bracket matter very much? Does the card still sit OK with cables plugged...
  10. 5

wouldn't pass-through be independent of that however? Much like an independent graphics card?
  11. 5

Great thread with lots of good info. I am just putting together a system with the following specs: Asus P8B-M C204 Motherboard Xeon E3-123x CPU 4 x 4GB DDR3-1333 ECC Kingston Memory Couple of questions: I saw mention of the KVM-over-IP requring the E3-12x5 processors with...