Recent content by 46YtWmyxnniZ7gVQ55H8Py2Ks

1. 4

Looking for older bios versions for Supermicro mainboards

Does someone know where I can get older versions of BIOS for Supermicro Mainboards ? The SM site only gives me the latest version, but what if I need a version which is older ?
  2. 4

OEM nec 9264-8i recommendation

I'm looking for a cheap lsi sata controller which will give me maximum queue depth in vmware esxi. There is a NEC OEM 9264-8i (L3-25121-62B) controller with 256mb cache onboard listed on ebay listed as a 9260-8i. As i did not see any hits on the lsi forums on NEC OEM controllers, and there is...
  3. 4

odd mainboard id on vmware boot screen

I opened a case with supermicro support and within 2 days I was able to reset corrupt DMI values with the AMIDEDOS.EXE tool. I am able to rejoin the esx host to the cluster now. thumbs up for Supermicro !
  4. 4

New Project - Supermicro IPMI 2.0 BIOS Update Live CD

Hi @DBordello , It's been a while, but did you ever solved the problem with corrupt model strings on the x9 ? ... running into the same issue here ... although i'm already on bios version 2.2 thanks in advance
  5. 4

Update : IPMICFG was able to read and write FRU settings. Altough i did not see anything strange in these settings i wrote new settings to all strings in de IMPI just to be sure. This did not help. After that I used the setting to erase BMC and FRU data. It seems hard to beat this problem...
  6. 4

It seems that the installation of esxi6.5 does end in an error while esxi6.0 does not. The esx 6.5 installation reads asset tags from the supermicro and (in my case) gets stuck reading rubbish and fails in the end. I saw one occasion of a Huawei server changing asset tags in the BMC to solve...
  7. 4

I'm building a 4 node vmware cluster using supermicro x9scm-f mainboards. I've setup 2 nodes so far without any issues. This third node seems to have a strange mainboard id on the vmware boot screen. Did anyone ever see this before ? What could this be ? I've double checked all bios settings...
  8. 4

need motherboard recommendation ...

BLinux, This is a very interesting thread you've started. I'm planning using the x9-SCM-F board myself to setup a vmware lab, but I do not have all the hardware complete yet. I use this board with an Intel Xeon E3-1265L I've heard that this board somehow/sometimes acts strange when it comes to...
  9. 4

FOUND: 2GB DDR3 Registered ECC DIMMs

Found them, a bunch of 10600R 2Gb sticks. If you're still interested please PM me.
  10. 4

FOUND: 2GB DDR3 Registered ECC DIMMs

I've had a ton of those 2Gb rdimm sticks since i've upgraded my server farm, but i'm unsure if they are still there. If you give me a couple of day's I'll get back to you next week (if you can wait that long and not found them anywhere else :-))
  11. 4

Supermicro x9scm-f with Asus hyper m2 x 4 ?

Does anyone have any experience with the Asus hyper m2 x 4 on a supermicro x9 or x10 board ? Since the x9scm-f and x10slm-f do not supply me with an onboard m2 interface i'm looking to buy a decent pcie card which does. Anyone ? Thanks in advance.
  12. 4

Bought used x9scm-f board, no boot

Sorry to hear that, but glad this post did also help you solving your issue.
  13. 4

The x9 in working ! After some research i found out that the 4 pin fits into the 8 pin connector without any issues. As long as you keep in mind that he supply has enough power for your system. In my case it does. It was confusing for me that my x10 board does not use the separate 4 pin to power...
  14. 4

Uploaded a picture with the 4 pin connector in the 8 pin slot. I will only fit as on the picture.
  15. 4

I have a spare 4 pin connector which i can connect to the 8 pin connector on the mainboard. but ... does that work ? or blow up the x9 ?