Recent content by 111alan

1. 111alan

3D-NAND

Accepted a commission of a 512GB M.2 sata SSD. Ended up being the weirdest SSD I've ever made. SM2258H controller, 512MB ECC DRAM, 4 samsung SSV2 TLC from PM1725 with 4 interposers, making it a true 3d-nand SSD.;) Also somehow it runs at DDR400 without a problem. Even only 40+ badblocks in...
  2. 111alan

Epyc 7V13 64 Core Processor

Yes it works on normal mother boards like H12DSI I use. S8030 should also support it without problem, but a BIOS update is needed. About the board rev, you can flash the newer bios on an older board but not BMC.
  3. 111alan

Motherboard/CPU Advice for Simple File Server

I think some cheap E5-v3 or v4 will do. Just activate all C state options and turn off the unnecessary cores.
  4. 111alan

The most painful RMA I've ever experienced, what should I do now?

Usually no, mostly formal/retail version, at least qualification samples with the same stepping.
  5. 111alan

Wish I have that much money to spare but, plan to sell it second hand if the situation can't be solved.
  6. 111alan

I think 2Rx8 needs all of them. I shipped my own ddr4 modules to them twice though.
  7. 111alan

For EMS it works like, if you don't want the item, you don't have to pay the taxes, and they'll just return the item as rejected. Not really sure for SFExpress though.
  8. 111alan

It is, each time, but it's the last straw as I said. Combined with other fees it's close, not to mention the time spent, and the fact that it's something I have little use for. BTW recession is getting real here. I would say that maybe it's as hard for us to earn 100 CNY as it is for an...
  9. 111alan

I have 100 ways to break a board without a trace, my own soldering skills are enough to deceive the eyes of some professionals. I really tend not to break hardware intentionally, but now I'm starting to think that sometimes it's inevitable. There are good repair shops I've worked with before...
  10. 111alan

Yeah, definitely regreted sending it in for RMA, if only I know it could take 8 months and cost me tons of money, with zero fault on my part...:mad: And now I honestly ask for your suggestions. It happened like this. I bought an Asrockrack SP2C621D16-2T on October 30 2022. The board came in...
  11. 111alan

Whats the deal with U.2 enterprise SSDs selling so cheap?

Just like sata drives. It's hard to find a chassis which doesn't even have a 2.5 inch drive bay.
  12. 111alan

Whats the deal with U.2 enterprise SSDs selling so cheap?

Use M.2 to U.2 converter and U.2 cable. Both 8643 and 8611 will do.
  13. 111alan

The cursed connector design.

4 drive MCIO cage