Zombie EBay account?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I was searching for Intel AXXRMM4 on EBay and came across this deal for $40.
It looked good till I had a look at feedback history:
feedback more than a year old & previous goods piano rolls and other junk.
seller has several IT goods listed.

What do you think is the scam?
Perhaps capture credit card details or triangulated sale where he buys goods form another seller with someone else's stolen credit card details and pockets your payment (as previously reported)?

(I'll add seller link when I log out of EBay)

EDIT: Intel AXXRMM4 Remote Management Module

Last edited:

d0kt0r

Jun 17, 2016
Unlikely if you pay with PayPal. On the worst case you will end up with a dispute. Never give your credit card details.

Enviado desde mi LG-H815 mediante Tapatalk

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Why would that be a scam? That's pretty much how my feedback history looks like too.

You have no history selling IT goods and have no feedback for one year?

Maybe his partner has just had a baby, now he has to part with his home lab to make way for baby room
...very sad :(

Perhaps a baby cot on top of a rack would be nice and warm in winter time...lol :D

Rack of (lamb) baby.....
Rack a bye baby on IT stack....

just kidding ;)

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
I think Patrick has an article on this part and how the price moves around.
If you need it now $40 is not bad. I paid $36 in April from a smaller vendor.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
I have a backup one of these if you are interested. I only have the longer cable and the low profile bracket though if you are interested. Send me a PM if you are interested (I bought mine for $40, but used the full height bracket and the short cable, so I would let it go for $30 with free shipping to the lower 48).

Here is a photo.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Unlikely if you pay with PayPal. On the worst case you will end up with a dispute. Never give your credit card details.

Enviado desde mi LG-H815 mediante Tapatalk
A credit card dispute is better than paypal in my opinion, your bank is biased and will do anything or their customer whereas paypal is neutral between the two.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
When I started selling last year my feedback was similar except the 'feedback' I had most recent from selling was 2+ years old...
I go in bursts of selling on ebay... a bunch to unload gear and then nothing for man months or years either because I'm out of stuff or get to the point I hate ebay/paypal as a seller :) @NSKA they def. bias the buyer re: PayPal/Ebay no question about that. Buyer can't get item to work claims DOA you're out shipping, and potential negative feedback from ignorant buyer!! Ugh.

tare55

Oct 7, 2015
just buy from oemxs, kalley, she is great about accepting best offers. or the deal Ruby has is just fine too