Upgrade Napp-it from 0.813 to 0.9a1 on OI 151a3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Paladinemishakal

Jan 2, 2013
Hi All,

I have a server running OpenIndiana 151a3 with Napp-it 0.813 installed. I accidentally went to install Napp-it 0.9a1. After installing, I tried to access napp-it by going to http://serverip:81 but I am unable to get to the login page, the webserver throws this error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:

Undefined subroutine &main::websocket called at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/interface.pl line 890.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
[Thu Jan 3 15:31:38 2013] admin.pl: Undefined subroutine &main::websocket called at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/interface.pl line 890.

I have not rebooted the server yet as this is a production server.

I want to know
1. How I can resolve the above error?
2. How do I rollback to the previous napp-it version?
3. How do I uninstall Napp-it 0.9a1?

Thanks & Regards.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Hi All,

I have a server running OpenIndiana 151a3 with Napp-it 0.813 installed. I accidentally went to install Napp-it 0.9a1. After installing, I tried to access napp-it by going to http://serverip:81 but I am unable to get to the login page, the webserver throws this error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:

Undefined subroutine &main::websocket called at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/interface.pl line 890.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
[Thu Jan 3 15:31:38 2013] admin.pl: Undefined subroutine &main::websocket called at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/interface.pl line 890.

I have not rebooted the server yet as this is a production server.

I want to know
1. How I can resolve the above error?
2. How do I rollback to the previous napp-it version?
3. How do I uninstall Napp-it 0.9a1?

Thanks & Regards.
1. reboot after a reinstall via wget
2. boot into last boot environment (pre_0.9)
3. basically delete folder /var/web-gui or
boot into last boot environment (pre_0.9) or reinstall napp-it 0.8 via wget and nappit08 installer (followed by a reboot)

Last edited:

Paladinemishakal

Jan 2, 2013
Hi Gea,

Thanks for replying back to me. I have rebooted my server and am using the Napp-it 0.9a1. I have a problem with the auto-jobs.

I have deleted all the previous jobs and disabled and re-enabled the auto-service (15mins). I am able to create the auto-scrub jobs but when I tried to create the auto-snap jobs, the system cannot register the job.

I have tried to use the web-gui to run the auto-scrub job and it works.

I duplicate the auto-scrub job file at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/_log/jobs/1357484314.par and rename it to 1357484334.par with the following contents:
day=every
min=0
pool=tank7/datashares
status=active
state=
month=every
last=06.jan_23_29
job=snap
delzero=no
hour=23
keep=30

When I tried to run it using the web-gui, the system reported the job is done but when I check the system, the snapshot is not there.

I have checked the auto-snap job /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/_log/jobs/1357484334.par and the state is now in the "running" state.
day=every
min=0
pool=tank7/datashares
status=active
state=running
month=every
last=06.jan_23_29
job=snap
delzero=no
hour=23
keep=30

Can you advise me where to look or how to fix the issue?

Regards.

Paladinemishakal

Jan 2, 2013
Hi Gea,

Thanks for replying back to me. I have rebooted my server and am using the Napp-it 0.9a1. I have a problem with the auto-jobs.

I have deleted all the previous jobs and disabled and re-enabled the auto-service (15mins). I am able to create the auto-scrub jobs but when I tried to create the auto-snap jobs, the system cannot register the job.

I have tried to use the web-gui to run the auto-scrub job and it works.

I duplicate the auto-scrub job file at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/_log/jobs/1357484314.par and rename it to 1357484334.par with the following contents:
day=every
min=0
pool=tank7/datashares
status=active
state=
month=every
last=06.jan_23_29
job=snap
delzero=no
hour=23
keep=30

When I tried to run it using the web-gui, the system reported the job is done but when I check the system, the snapshot is not there.

I have checked the auto-snap job /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/_log/jobs/1357484334.par and the state is now in the "running" state.
day=every
min=0
pool=tank7/datashares
status=active
state=running
month=every
last=06.jan_23_29
job=snap
delzero=no
hour=23
keep=30

Can you advise me where to look or how to fix the issue?

Regards.
Hi Gea,

I have found out why the "create autosnap job" function is not working properly.

When creating the autosnap job, if the "delete multiple snaps with size = 0" is untick, napp-it cannot create the job.
After I enable the "delete multiple snaps with size = 0" option and submit the job, the job is registered into the system. After that I can edit the job to set the "delete multiple snaps with size = 0" to "No"

Thanks & Regards.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
fixed in napp-it 0.9a2
(Update within napp-it: Menu About - update)

Last edited:

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Hey Gea. Found a possible bug. Not in Napp-it, but in one of the download scripts you've published to go with it.

I tried to re-load amp. It had been a while and I've done several upgrades since I loaded it - moved from SE11 to 11 to 11.1 - and I just wanted a fresh load.

Something went wrong during the load and it didn't install. The script normally creates a new "after_amp" boot environment but since the script failed no new boot environment was created. Unfortunately, the script went ahead and activated the boot environment named "after_amp", which happened to be the one left over from almost two years ago! Needless to say...booting into an environment that old didn't go real well :). Took me a while to figure it out, but I got it sorted by re-activating the right boot environment and then cleaned it up so it wouldn't happen again by deleting the old, non-working boot environments and .

To avoid this you might want to add version-tagging to the boot environment names for amp the same way you do for AFP and Napp-It.

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Hey Gea. Found a possible bug. Not in Napp-it, but in one of the download scripts you've published to go with it.

I tried to re-load amp. It had been a while and I've done several upgrades since I loaded it - moved from SE11 to 11 to 11.1 - and I just wanted a fresh load.

Something went wrong during the load and it didn't install. The script normally creates a new "after_amp" boot environment but since the script failed no new boot environment was created. Unfortunately, the script went ahead and activated the boot environment named "after_amp", which happened to be the one left over from almost two years ago! Needless to say...booting into an environment that old didn't go real well :). Took me a while to figure it out, but I got it sorted by re-activating the right boot environment and then cleaned it up so it wouldn't happen again by deleting the old, non-working boot environments and .

To avoid this you might want to add version-tagging to the boot environment names for amp the same way you do for AFP and Napp-It.
Thanks
I have modified the script to not activate the be (no reboot needed) and to add a timestamp to the be-name.