Motherboard/CPU/Memory Bundles for sale

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jshridha

Mar 25, 2016
@NATEX The last time I purchased from you guys, you offered free shipping. Has that changed? I'm about to put in a purchase for a 2nd CPU and 64 GB of ram.

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
That's because that setting doesn't do what you think it does. It only does anything if you enable the mode that allows the BMC to completely stop the fans.
I don't think that is accurate; the PWM offset *does* apply even when you don't have Quiet Fan Idle mode enabled... The documentation states that it's valid when Quiet Fan Idle mode is enabled. However that doesn't mean it's invalid when it's disabled. Try it yourself and set the PWM offset to 30 or 40 and you should see a bump in idle fan speeds.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I don't think that is accurate; the PWM offset *does* apply even when you don't have Quiet Fan Idle mode enabled... The documentation states that it's valid when Quiet Fan Idle mode is enabled. However that doesn't mean it's invalid when it's disabled. Try it yourself and set the PWM offset to 30 or 40 and you should see a bump in idle fan speeds.
I messed around with the setting and found it made absolutely no difference. The PWM's going to the fan were exactly the same.

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
I messed around with the setting and found it made absolutely no difference. The PWM's going to the fan were exactly the same.
Code:
PWM offset 0
--sitting idle at EFI shell
$ ipmiutil sensor -c -g fan -N nas2-ipmi -U root -P xxxxxxxx
 ID  | SDRType | Type  |SNum| Name  |Status| Reading
0018 | Full  | Fan  | 30 | System Fan 1  | OK  | 1582.00 RPM
0019 | Full  | Fan  | 31 | System Fan 2  | OK  | 1280.00 RPM

PWM offset 10
0018 | Full  | Fan  | 30 | System Fan 1  | OK  | 1890.00 RPM
0019 | Full  | Fan  | 31 | System Fan 2  | OK  | 1740.00 RPM

PWM offset 20
0018 | Full  | Fan  | 30 | System Fan 1  | OK  | 2282.00 RPM
0019 | Full  | Fan  | 31 | System Fan 2  | OK  | 2280.00 RPM

PWM offset 30
0018 | Full  | Fan  | 30 | System Fan 1  | OK  | 2618.00 RPM
0019 | Full  | Fan  | 31 | System Fan 2  | OK  | 2780.00 RPM

Mkvarner

Jan 3, 2015
Quanta is one of the major OEMs for laptop, PC, server, Mac-air, Macbook, ....
I know who Quanta is. There was just a big lack of information on the 2ML. They added it now though.

Edit: On the Quanta 2ML. "Network - The RJ-45 Port is a BMC (it will not work for network access)"

If I understand correctly I do have to buy a 10 Gbit SFP+ switch or a PCI-E riser and a 1 GbE card?

Last edited:

nrtc

Dec 3, 2015
I know who Quanta is. There was just a big lack of information on the 2ML. They added it now though.

Edit: On the Quanta 2ML. "Network - The RJ-45 Port is a BMC (it will not work for network access)"

If I understand correctly I do have to buy a 10 Gbit SFP+ switch or a PCI-E riser and a 1 GbE card?
That's how I understand it as well. There might exist 1000Base-T transceivers for the SFP+ port, but I reckon a riser and 1GbE card would be more economical.

I haven't found any other information on this particular server elsewhere either. The front looks like the Stratos S100, but that's obviously a very different machine on the inside.

groundzyy

Apr 23, 2016
Finally, mine worked with the 128gb combo. Bought a wrong cpu cooler, hyper 212 plus :( and waited another two days for the 212 evo to arrive.

I installed a Ubuntu, and found that the integrated graph card is very very very slow, is it normal? I put in a low profile amd video card, and now it worked greatly.

I used the following items as suggested in this thread and other threads:

SeaSonic SS-750KM3 750W with 2 CPU 8 pin, some psu only have one cpu 8 pin
2 * Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, kind of loud...
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK, supports SSI EEB, miss one hole, seems not a big deal so I do not drill one myself.

Now still have some problems:
a) How can I install windows server on it? From a USB driver with windows 2012 servers, it comes with a black screen with only a flash dash in the left top forever.
b) The power on jumper is hard to find... I used the 8th one and seems working. Take 30 seconds after I press the power button on the case.... Have not connect the others.
c) after I turn the system off, one orange light is flashing, and I cannot start again. Need to shut down the psu. Any suggestions?

Ray

Apr 24, 2016
PA
Yes, the video is slow on mine too. I can't tell you how to load Windows server but there are settings in the bios to have the board boot from USB, If that doesn't work than you might need to hook up a DVD-rom temporarily. There are also settings for the power button to change the time you have to press the button. DL the manual and go from there.
The flashing orange light means that there is a non-critical failure somewhere. I have it because I don't have anything connected to the System Fan headers 3,4 & 5. Annoying in my case and I'm sure there is some way to fix it but I haven't come up with how yet. Yours seems a bit more serious but if you have IPMI working you can see what is listed as failing and initiate your fix.

Russ

Apr 27, 2016
Finally, mine worked with the 128gb combo. Bought a wrong cpu cooler, hyper 212 plus :( and waited another two days for the 212 evo to arrive.

I installed a Ubuntu, and found that the integrated graph card is very very very slow, is it normal? I put in a low profile amd video card, and now it worked greatly.

I used the following items as suggested in this thread and other threads:

SeaSonic SS-750KM3 750W with 2 CPU 8 pin, some psu only have one cpu 8 pin
2 * Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, kind of loud...
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK, supports SSI EEB, miss one hole, seems not a big deal so I do not drill one myself.

Now still have some problems:
a) How can I install windows server on it? From a USB driver with windows 2012 servers, it comes with a black screen with only a flash dash in the left top forever.
b) The power on jumper is hard to find... I used the 8th one and seems working. Take 30 seconds after I press the power button on the case.... Have not connect the others.
c) after I turn the system off, one orange light is flashing, and I cannot start again. Need to shut down the psu. Any suggestions?
installed win 10 pro with usb

Russ

Apr 27, 2016
yes, AFAIU, the (default idle + PWM offset) defines the idle speed, one should be able to hear a bump for even 5% difference in offset

Last edited:

groundzyy

Apr 23, 2016
Yes, the video is slow on mine too. I can't tell you how to load Windows server but there are settings in the bios to have the board boot from USB, If that doesn't work than you might need to hook up a DVD-rom temporarily. There are also settings for the power button to change the time you have to press the button. DL the manual and go from there.
The flashing orange light means that there is a non-critical failure somewhere. I have it because I don't have anything connected to the System Fan headers 3,4 & 5. Annoying in my case and I'm sure there is some way to fix it but I haven't come up with how yet. Yours seems a bit more serious but if you have IPMI working you can see what is listed as failing and initiate your fix.
Thanks! I will check the manual.

I do not have anything connected to the System Fan too

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi Pam
How much to ship one of your: "(Free*) Quanta QSSC-98L 1u Dual LGA 1366 Sockets" server to Australia?
Do we get a STH discount here?
(NB> It appears you have to pay for RAM, CPU and Shipping from Natex, but the rest of the server comes for free. Just too clarify for forum members).
Many thanks

NATEX

Natex Representative
Mar 7, 2016
Hi Pam
How much to ship one of your: "(Free*) Quanta QSSC-98L 1u Dual LGA 1366 Sockets" server to Australia?
Do we get a STH discount here?
(NB> It appears you have to pay for RAM, CPU and Shipping from Natex, but the rest of the server comes for free. Just too clarify for forum members).
Many thanks
Can you send me an email so we can get you a quote. email support @natex.us

Thanks,
Pam

aero

Apr 27, 2016
Fyi, the integrated video card is slow because it's a matrox g200 from 1998.

Servers are generally designed to operate headless, so it's fine for simple output if needed.

I personally exclusively use the ipmi remote console redirection. No monitor needed.