Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aquarapid

Apr 20, 2016
I have a Quanta one; midplane power board is P/N: DAF03TH16D0 (Rev D).

Mine came without disk trays. Does anyone have part numbers for them (or an alternative that can be used instead)?

aquarapid

Apr 20, 2016
While on the subject; mine are ex-risers; does anyone have the part numbers/replacements for those? Also, mine came WITHOUT the BIOS battery backup coin cells. I'm assuming they are just CR2032 cells, can someone confirm?

smithse79

Sep 17, 2014
While on the subject; mine are ex-risers; does anyone have the part numbers/replacements for those? Also, mine came WITHOUT the BIOS battery backup coin cells. I'm assuming they are just CR2032 cells, can someone confirm?
I would also love to find some risers

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
I have a Quanta one; midplane power board is P/N: DAF03TH16D0 (Rev D).

Mine came without disk trays. Does anyone have part numbers for them (or an alternative that can be used instead)?

I would also love to find some risers
May i know who was your sellers?

I just bought one from Esisoinc. Their pics show risers and disk trays. I hope i dont get burned.

Does anyone know P/N for the mezzamine 10gbe card?

smithse79

Sep 17, 2014

I just bought one from Esisoinc. Their pics show risers and disk trays. I hope i dont get burned.

Does anyone know P/N for the mezzamine 10gbe card?
I got mine from the Server Store. They list exactly what is included in their listing. Mine came with the 10Gb Mezzanine card, but no risers

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
I got mine from the Server Store. They list exactly what is included in their listing. Mine came with the 10Gb Mezzanine card, but no risers

Please share your 10gb P/N pls. Esisoinc will see if they can find me one and ship with my board.

tbkdan

May 2, 2016

aquarapid

Apr 20, 2016

I just bought one from Esisoinc. Their pics show risers and disk trays. I hope i dont get burned."
Yes, mine was from them too; I got the $199 version, which did not come with risers or disk trays. This wasn't surprising to me (despite the pic) because they sell a $299 version that explicitly says "W. Riser". I am a bit bummed about not having disk trays, however.

Edit: Actually, seems I am confusing pdneiman's listings with esisoinc. pdneiman has the listing that says "W. Riser". I wasn't expecting it anyway. I did get the 10 Gb boards, however, so I'm happy.

Last edited:

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
Yes, mine was from them too; I got the $199 version, which did not come with risers or disk trays. This wasn't surprising to me (despite the pic) because they sell a $299 version that explicitly says "W. Riser". I am a bit bummed about not having disk trays, however.

Edit: Actually, seems I am confusing pdneiman's listings with esisoinc. pdneiman has the listing that says "W. Riser". I wasn't expecting it anyway. I did get the 10 Gb boards, however, so I'm happy.
To clarify... you bought from Peter (pdneiman) correct?

Cause i absolutely need risers,

GCM

Aug 24, 2015
Anyone running ESXi 6 on these? If it plays nicely, I might have to pick up a rack.

aquarapid

Apr 20, 2016
To clarify... you bought from Peter (pdneiman) correct?

Cause i absolutely need risers,
No, sorry, I bought the $199 version from esioinc and received:
  • No risers
  • DID receive 10 GbE mezzanine
  • No disk trays
  • No air shroud
  • No mobo BIOS battery (although this was probably someone being overzealous when stripping the memory and CPUs)
I meant to say that pdneiman is the one with the separate (more expensive) listing for $299 that specifically says "With Riser".

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
No, sorry, I bought the $199 version from esioinc and received:
  • No risers
  • DID receive 10 GbE mezzanine
  • No disk trays
  • No air shroud
  • No mobo BIOS battery (although this was probably someone being overzealous when stripping the memory and CPUs)
I meant to say that pdneiman is the one with the separate (more expensive) listing for $299 that specifically says "With Riser".

Anyone else bought from esisoinc?

This is not acceptable, their pics clearly show riser.

tbkdan

May 2, 2016

I ordered but it hasn't arrived yet. I asked before purchasing as I definitely needed the riser and the response I received said it was included.

YetAnotherMinion

Mar 22, 2016
Chicago

I ordered two from esisonic, separately a week apart. The first one I got did not have HDD trays, had the mezzanine card, and no shrouds. It also had a power cable with Tyco Mate-N-Lok power connector on both ends. for the 200-277VAC input (which is pretty useless) as well as second Tyco Mate-N-Lok power cable for the 48V DC. The second one I ordered I got OBO at $190, this one had HDD trays, a riser card with 10G card, and a regular C14 power cable with no DC cable. It looks to me like they are a mixed bag, and your best bet would be to make an offer, and then ask for a specific configuration.

YetAnotherMinion

Mar 22, 2016
Chicago
I have a quanta with the 10Gb Mezzanine card. The computer definitely wants to PXE to the 10Gb. I'm not even sure that it will PXE the 1GB link.

PXE over the 1GB port definitely works. I have booted memtest86+ images, as well as Fedora 23 and Centos 7. You just have to wait for the PXE boot over the 10G card times out 3 times, before it will try the 1G port.

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
I ordered two from esisonic, separately a week apart. The first one I got did not have HDD trays, had the mezzanine card, and no shrouds. It also had a power cable with Tyco Mate-N-Lok power connector on both ends. for the 200-277VAC input (which is pretty useless) as well as second Tyco Mate-N-Lok power cable for the 48V DC. The second one I ordered I got OBO at $190, this one had HDD trays, a riser card with 10G card, and a regular C14 power cable with no DC cable. It looks to me like they are a mixed bag, and your best bet would be to make an offer, and then ask for a specific configuration.
Wow.... unbelievable so they dont bother test any of them as well.

Such a terrible seller deserves neg feedbacks