Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
May 8, 2015
Additionally, what is the activity of the power and status LEDs. On mine, the power LED is always steady and no activity from the status LED.
Same on mine. I even went as far as scanning the entire IP space for all of the private network ranges to try and find it if it had a static IP set. No luck there either.

itguy82

Mar 1, 2015
Sorry guys -- had a crazy weekend and didn't have a chance to look at the switch since Friday. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I can pull the image file I have off of mine.

Chankster

Mar 9, 2015
Only options I see at this point
  • Try to build/flash the Indigo u-boot since there is no u-boot.rom listed for the Pronto 3780
  • Dump u-boot.rom from a working LB8 and flash
Otherwise its a return to the eBay seller as SNAD.

Last edited:

Chankster

Mar 9, 2015
As an update, I was able to get u-boot compiled from IODS. However, my little JTAGKey+OpenOCD isn't enough for the PowerPC chip. It looks like the "easiest" alternative is to buy/borrow an Abatron BDI2000/3000.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
same issues here , no connection to Management and Terminal Console,

Power LED blinks, but status LED not.

:/

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Same on mine. I even went as far as scanning the entire IP space for all of the private network ranges to try and find it if it had a static IP set. No luck there either.
How did you scan the entire private IP space? :)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
@Fritz "Advanced IP Scanner" is a windows utility that lets you input ranges... not sure it wouldn't 'time out' doing a huge range but I use it and it works for what I use it for, might be worth a try.

May 8, 2015
Rats! I was hoping there was an easy way.
NMAP is very easy. It'll just take a bit. The command is just "nmap addresss/cidr" the reason I used a python script is because sometimes switches are set to not respond pings so I also tried to initiate an ssh and telnet connection on every IP as well.

May 8, 2015
@Fritz "Advanced IP Scanner" is a windows utility that lets you input ranges... not sure it wouldn't 'time out' doing a huge range but I use it and it works for what I use it for, might be worth a try.
This would also work. Just scan smaller ranges at a time to avoid it 'timing out'(crashing)

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
If you're in one subnet, can you scan another? I thought you couldn't. I've changed The Ip to match that of what I wanted to access. The other day I have to access an HP ProCurve that I knew was in 192.168.2.xx. Advanced IP Scanner didn't see it until I was in the same subnet. I've been looking for and haven't found, an out of band scanner. I know things like IP cameras come with utilities that will find a device in another subnet and allow you to change it's IP. They must use magic to accomplish this.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Just define the ranges with a comma between them and it works fine. You don't have to belong to one.