DellRefurbished.com 50% off thru 4/19/16 11AM CST

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
If any one is in the market for some off-lease Dell gear

Got an email from DellRefurbished.com

50% off any item $399 & up + 1/2 off shipping - Coupon code: TAXDAY2016
While supplies last, not valid on extended warranty purchase.
Offer expires Tuesday, April 19th 11:00 AM CST.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
dang i need a monitor but there's not a 400 monitor to buy

if it were 50% off the purchase total I'd get two monitors to put me over the edge. Oh well.
There are other discounts on the standard page. Also, items on this site come with 90 day warranty. Unlike Outlet.Dell.com which has full one year warranty. Some thing to keep in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dwright1542

Dec 26, 2015
There are other discounts on the standard page. Also, items on this site come with 90 day warranty. Unlike Outlet.Dell.com which has full one year warranty. Some thing to keep in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Actually the dell outlet carries standard warranties, so if you buy a higher end latitude laptop or server, it's 3 years. I regularly buy servers with 5 years of warranty.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
What do you folks think about this battleship style laptop? I could use some 3D capable laptop. At half price that doesn't look bad at all.

Official Dell Store | Dell Precision M4700 16GB RAM 500GB HDD 6821367

Any way to find out how many mini-PCIe slots it has, if any?
I've had the M4600 as a primary laptop for 3.5 years - which appears to be very similar in style and build - and it has been great for me.

I found the usability of the M4600 to be fabulous, and I have the higher quality screen which has been really nice. I found the M4600's durability to be excellent and I really like the feel and finish provided by its metal shell. I would make the purchase again in a heartbeat and I'm very value conscious.

But ... I'm unusual in that I am willing to lug around a much larger laptop than most people will indulge. The laptop is legitimately heavy and wide and thick, so it can be more logistically challenging to take places. It's power supply is 180W which is a lot for a mobile device. Yet I would still do the same thing if given the chance.

I purchased "reconditioned" (same as Dell outlet) through a very reputable seller on eBay and got a better deal than I could get through Dell outlet FYI. I got the 3-year warranty with it (and did the same in previous generations of Dell laptops) and needed that once - Dell was great about the warranty work.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
What do you folks think about this battleship style laptop? I could use some 3D capable laptop. At half price that doesn't look bad at all.

Official Dell Store | Dell Precision M4700 16GB RAM 500GB HDD 6821367

Any way to find out how many mini-PCIe slots it has, if any?
I had an M6700 Covet for a few years. Great machine. But with the home lab and real servers to get into, the need diminished (I'm on a Spectre x360 now, love it). But I would have zero problems recommending a Precision.

But those AC adapters weigh more than my current laptop ;).

unwind-protect

Mar 7, 2016
Boston
I would use it around the house.

But I already got over it when reading the specifications on the NVidia GPU in there. It really wouldn't give the 3D push I'm looking for.

e97

Jun 3, 2015
dang i need a monitor but there's not a 400 monitor to buy

if it were 50% off the purchase total I'd get two monitors to put me over the edge. Oh well.
Check out your local e-cycler!

I went to recycle really old tech (SDR, DDR, DDRII, etc..) at the local e-cycler and they were giving away 19" HELL monitors. I picked one up to use as a rack console.

Reactions: gigatexal