WTB: degraded Lsi ibbu08 pack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
I have been working on modifying ibbu07 hex code to alter design/pack capacity eeprom values and resetting the code to 0 cycles and now I'm interested to see ibbu08 code and see what charge controller it uses.

ibbu07.jpg
This is the ibbu07 battery controller cb, in this picture eeprom has been lifted off to make a dump.

So if you have degraded/swollen ibbu08 let me know, please cb has to be undamaged.

Reactions: Fritz

esyan

May 15, 2017
Hi:
If you are still looking for the battery controller for the LSI. The ones I have are using LTC4101EG. Hope this will help. I was trying to change the dead batteries the ones I had purchase from Ebay. I had some success but also some failures. First I used a Lipo 1200ma with the proper dimensions. It worked!. The battery controller accept it and started cycling relearn until everything settles down. Now it held it charges longer than the original battery. So, I thought I would use a larger capacity Lipo battery if 1500ma. That did not work at all. The parameters were way off. Relearn took a lot longer time. So I hope you can figure out a way to program this battery controller and share with us.

Thanks

esyan

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
I never got hold of an defective 08 module so I never played with this charger - did you make dump the battery eeprom content ?

esyan

May 15, 2017
Hi Twist:
I may had mad a mistake on the first post. There are two PC boards that's attach to the battery assy. The small PC board have a controller BQ2060A and a 4L1b serial rom. I think that's what you want to know. I do not have the know how to make a dump from the eeprom. I think I would probably burn the chip while attempting to remove from the PC board. I can mail you the bad card if you want and you can play with it. Do you want both cards or just the small one? Just contact me with an address.

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
If it's a two board assembly with a BQ2060A then it's a ibbu07 - pretty sure the ibb08 module only has one black silkscreen board.

I already made a thread for hacking the ibbu07 here - is this the same module you have ?

esyan

May 15, 2017
The module I have is a little different but I am sorry if I've gave you the wrong info. I've always thought I had the model you were looking for. Anyway, I am using Lipo 1200ma now and no further issues. I am able to start learn and cycle charges with no problem.
Take care, have a great day.
esyan

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I have some old stock, new in box not sure what they are I can check if interested PM me.