Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Hey I want to give everyone some heads up about the eBay seller that I made an offer on for some CPUs. I know offers are binding and such but we have all changed our minds at some point. He accepted the offer for 3 @ $85 which I was surprised.

• This happened late last night so I decided to wait until the morning to see if I should ask him to cancel
  • Before noon, he sent me a message asking me to pay. Keep in mind buyers have 48 hours to make a payment
  • I thought it was weird to be harassed by the seller so I was a bit put off. I decided to ask him to cancel my offer. I was very polite and apologetic.
  • His response: "I we will block you so no deals to be done with u again. "
  • I told him I do not like to be threatened.
  • He said it's his right to block flaky buyers
  • I said I would like for him to just send me a cancellation request so we can both move on.
  • He said he can't do that only eBay can, which is a flat out lie.
  • So he has made it his mission to file a UPI against me. I could care less.
Anyway, this entire experience was extremely off-putting. His seller account is stalliontek on eBay

Not worth it to do business with him.
Ebay warns you that your offer is a contract, you acknowledge that... you have NO ROOM to be upset when a seller expects you to pay.

This is why ebay sucks, buyers like you feeling entitled to anything they want... 'just cuz' your mind changed, wow...

Reactions: Aestr and whitey

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
He didn't even pay, I don't see why it's such a big deal. eBay doesn't really suck, I've canceled orders with lots of buyers and never gotten a message. Even though they say it's a "contract" that doesn't mean shit. You're not obligated to pay a seller anything nor can you be forced to. It's just one of those disclaimers a company uses to deter behavior like that.

Reactions: bmacklin

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
OK so DIMMC1 is DEFINITELY bad, tested all DIMMS individually, good, work my way back up w/ A1/B1 pairings, good, go back to 4 dimm config w/ A1/B1 and C1/D1, no go, backoff to A1/B1 and C1, no good, swap C1 to D1 slot, boots w/ 48GB mem recognized...

DIMM slot C1 BAD!!! And what do ya know that is right where the box was mangled...RIGHT on that end!!! DAMMIT!

As stated before I'm tired of this shipping nonsense, asshats, newegg cannot even properly pack a mobo like they don't KNOW shipping carriers raise hell.

On phone w/ newegg now (err hold I should say), YEA, claim time, I 'get' to wait another 7-10 days for them to make it right when it was their inadequate/insufficient packing job that caused this to begin with.

I need to go workout...stress relieve.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
He didn't even pay, I don't see why it's such a big deal. eBay doesn't really suck, I've canceled orders with lots of buyers and never gotten a message. Even though they say it's a "contract" that doesn't mean shit. You're not obligated to pay a seller anything nor can you be forced to. It's just one of those disclaimers a company uses to deter behavior like that.
Since they can't "force you" to pay or follow through on your word you think you're entitled to back out of an already agreed upon deal. I'm really shocked you would publicly admit to this... I guess I shouldn't be since you think it's "not a big deal" to be a man of your word.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Of course I'm entitled to back out on a deal I haven't followed through with yet. How is it any different than return policies or buyer's remorse? Like honestly, as far as I'm concerned, the best offer system on ebay is akin to a couple of guys, "hey, WTS XYZ for 50 bucks" "i'll give you 25 for it" "okay, deal". Even at that point, the deal isn't really made until goods are exchanged.

I'm entitled to exercise the right of my free will because there's no court-upholdable law that says I absolutely must send payment, considering goods aren't shipped until payment is received, or that I absolutely am not allowed to back out of an offer or a purchase. Nothing of that has anything to do with being a "man of my word". In a free market I'm allowed to do whatever I want with my purchasing power. What sense does it even make for a sellers to offer return policies(which most do and have no problems upholding, I've never had any ebay seller reject a return for request)but at the same time not allow buyers to back out of an offer? Let's not get confused here, I'm not advocating that buyers send offers, have them accepted, and just not send payment. That's a bit of a troll. What I'm saying is that I really don't see what the big deal is with changing your mind and asking for a request to cancel an order. It's absolutely no different than buying something online from an official retailer and calling their CS number and saying "hey, can I cancel my order?".

Reactions: bmacklin

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
The only way I back out of an offer is if the seller makes a counter offer and I don't agree. Other than that I follow through. If I change my mind it's my problem, not the sellers. Do unto others.......

Reactions: whitey and T_Minus

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Of course I'm entitled to back out on a deal I haven't followed through with yet. How is it any different than return policies, buyer's remorse? Like honestly, as far as I'm concerned, the best offer system on ebay is akin to a couple of guys, "hey, WTS XYZ for 50 bucks" "i'll give you 25 for it" "okay, deal". Even at that point, the deal isn't really made until goods are exchanged.

I'm entitled to exercise the right of my free will because there's no court-upholdable law that says I absolutely must send payment, considering goods aren't shipped until payment is received, or that I absolutely am not allowed to back out of an offer or a purchase. Nothing of that has anything to do with being a "man of my word". In a free market I'm allowed to do whatever I want with my purchasing power. What sense does it even make for a sellers to offer return policies(which most do and have no problems upholding, I've never had any ebay seller reject a return for request)but at the same time not allow buyers to back out of an offer? Let's not get confused here, I'm not advocating that buyers send offers, have them accepted, and just not send payment. That's a bit of a troll. What I'm saying is that I really don't see what the big deal is with changing your mind and asking for a request to cancel an order. It's absolutely no different than buying something online from an official retailer and calling their CS number and saying "hey, can I cancel my order?".
com·mit·ment
kəˈmitmənt/
noun
noun: commitment; plural noun: commitments

1. 2.
    an engagement or obligation that restricts freedom of action.

Does that make it more clear to you?

Clicking "BUY IT NOW" is a commitment. You agree to this commitment when you click the button, it even TELLS YOU that is what you're doing.

And your other example of agreeing to verbal terms is called a verbal agreement, and people who are man of their wood understand and follow through with this.

"Verbal agreements are contracts even though they were not memorialized in a writing. Assuming that the contract is valid, the verbal agreement between two parties is binding."

bmacklin

Dec 10, 2013
Since they can't "force you" to pay or follow through on your word you think you're entitled to back out of an already agreed upon deal. I'm really shocked you would publicly admit to this... I guess I shouldn't be since you think it's "not a big deal" to be a man of your word.
I had a seller send me an invoice for something and then to back out because someone offered him higher just yesterday. Being a man of his words he would have told the other guy no, I'm going to make good on this deal and send me the item at the much lower price. So it goes both ways.

I'm not saying what I did was right... but the seller didn't have to take it this far. He certainly did not have to lie to say that he couldn't send me a cancellation notice when he certainly could have. Instead I see a bitter, vengeful and unfriendly person on the other end, and I definitely don't want to deal with this guy for any reason, and I can't recommend anyone to buy things from when where there are a lot more friendlier sellers out there selling the same thing.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I had a seller send me an invoice for something and then to back out because someone offered him higher just yesterday. Being a man of his words he would have told the other guy no, I'm going to make good on this deal and send me the item at the much lower price. So it goes both ways.

I'm not saying what I did was right... but the seller didn't have to take it this far. He certainly did not have to lie to say that he couldn't send me a cancellation notice when he certainly could have. Instead I see a bitter, vengeful and unfriendly person on the other end, and I definitely don't want to deal with this guy for any reason, and I can't recommend anyone to buy things from when where there are a lot more friendlier sellers out there selling the same thing.
Exactly, that seller is a piece of shit who did that.

I ate ~$60 in shipping items to someone else when I could have sold them locally to @Marsh but I made a commitment to sell them to someone else so I followed through with that, I don't back down when I've given someone my word.

I'm stating from a buyer or seller stand point there's almost nothing worse than the other party not sticking true to their word.

If people stood behind their word and followed through then there would be NO NEED for written binding contracts that force you to do something, the fact that you guys say you don't have to do something because you're not forced simply expands on the entire issue of NOT being a man of your word. There's really nothing more than that.

You have every right to ask the seller to cancel and that you're not interested anymore however if they say no you need to stand be hind your agreement, your word, and finish the transaction.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Messaged stalliontech, the listing indicates that it's SR0H8 but when asked about SR0KX, he assured that I will receive the C2 stepping.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
My 2 2670's arrived this afternoon. .... And... I am cursed. Both work great in CPU1 and my board won't post with a cpu in CPU2.

I dread going through the whole return the board, try to get my money back, wait for a half assed deal on eBay, wait for two weeks for shipping, try again. Big Sigh!