CoolerMaster Cosmos II $248 on TigerDirect

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
fwiw you can spend a lot less to hold 11 drives.

However, if you're going to spend $250ish look at the Lian-Li models, they have some awesome ones that you can convert the 5.25 to 3.5 hot-swap to hold a ton of drives inside + hot swap if you wanted.

If you're open to other models I can check some towers I have waiting to be built, I think I have a # with 8+ drives internal + 5.25 that could be converted if you wanted.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
fwiw you can spend a lot less to hold 11 drives.

However, if you're going to spend $250ish look at the Lian-Li models, they have some awesome ones that you can convert the 5.25 to 3.5 hot-swap to hold a ton of drives inside + hot swap if you wanted.

If you're open to other models I can check some towers I have waiting to be built, I think I have a # with 8+ drives internal + 5.25 that could be converted if you wanted.
Yup; I'm sure there are other options available. The thing I liked about this one was the multiple forms of mobos supported and its built to be quiet.
By all means, feel free to post others if you think they fit the bill (8+ internal and are quiet)

I'm still kinda tempted to buy from TigerDirect. But my luck would be that I get one with a busted door or something. I just wish I could find a retailer that sold this case and try to get them to match their price.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
Back to original topic. Looks like Cooler Master offers a limited warranty so I'm wondering if there's anything wrong, I can get it taken care of from them?

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
it's a pretty sweet case. like for aesthetics alone it's nice, the brushed aluminum panels are pretty sick. but it doesn't have a window so it's not something i'd buy.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I've never had to warranty a case other than damaged from shipping.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
The two brothers that own TigerDirect and parent company is going to the BIG house this month for tax fraud and bribery .
The two brothers sold the company for $14 million as "fire sale".

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
Well, it doesn't look like the website went away in the buyout, but this story about the brothers is certainly amusing.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
Newegg has the same case as a price match guarantee. The guarantee has to be from a major retailer; TigerDirect being one of them. I was thinking about buying it from Newegg so I can warranty it if there were any issues. I just wish they would do the price match during the purchase and not after the fact.

Also, the credit you would receive is a newegg credit; they don't give you the difference back on your card.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I used a Cosmos II as a workstation chassis for a long time when I did watercooling. It is really big.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
FYI
Back in October or November, I ordered 4 x hard disks from Tigerdirect, it took over 3 weeks for the delivery.
I guess Tigerdirect does not have physical inventories.
Tigerdirect would accepted your orders but you have to wait extra weeks to get your computer case.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
The Cosmos II has 11 expansion slots ... It would even fit my X9DRG-QF. The only downside is that you can't rack it. I'm reading an ad on the bottom of this page selling the window panels seperately. I'm going to hold out for a 4U case and a small rack but this is a heck of a case if you like it.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
I used a Cosmos II as a workstation chassis for a long time when I did watercooling. It is really big.
I like it since it'll accomodate, I think, all form factor mobos. Plus, I want solid panels to minimize noise and lighting.
In the event I can't sell my c2100, that mobo will go in this case.