IBM Serveraid M5110 $223.01

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
A bargain for a SAS2208 controller with 512Mb cache.

Being a ServeRAID it doesn't have all the features that a full blown LSI card has.
But upgrade keys galore exist for this card.

IBM Serveraid M5110 $223.01

Again US only shipping or I would have gotten one in to test.

ServeRAID M5110 and M5110e specifications

The ServeRAID M5110 and M5110e SAS/SATA controllers have the following specifications:
PCI Low Profile, Half-length - MD2 form factor (M5110) or onboard chip (M5110e)
Eight internal 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
Two internal Mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8087)
6 Gbps throughput per port
800 MHz dual-core IBM PowerPC processor with LSI SAS2208 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
PCI Express 3.0 x8 host interface
Support for RAID levels 0, 1, 10 standard; support for RAID 5, 50 and 6, 60 with optional upgrades
Optional onboard data cache (DDR3 running at 1333 MHz) with the choice of:
512 MB with optional battery backup
512 MB or 1 GB with flash backup (MegaRAID CacheVault technology)
Support for SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs
Support for intermixing SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs; mixing different types of drives in the same array (drive group) not recommended
Connections to up to 32 internal drives, depending on the server model
Optional support for self-encrypting drives (SEDs) with MegaRAID SafeStore
Optional support for SSD performance acceleration with MegaRAID FastPath and SSD caching with MegaRAID CacheCade Pro 2.0
Support for up to 64 virtual drives, up to 128 drive groups, up to 16 virtual drives per one drive group, and up to 32 physical drives per one drive group
Support for logical unit number (LUN) sizes up to 64 TB
Configurable stripe size up to 1 MB
Compliant with Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (COD)
S.M.A.R.T. support
MegaRAID Storage Manager management software

supermacro

Aug 31, 2012
I'm a system integrator in San Jose, CA and if anyone wants I can buy it on eBay for you and ship it anywhere via USPS. I won't charge anything extra, of course, just what it costs me. Looks like this card can fit in to "Padded flat rate envelope" which is $16.95 to anywhere in the world. Just a thought...

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I'm a system integrator in San Jose, CA and if anyone wants I can buy it on eBay for you and ship it anywhere via USPS. I won't charge anything extra, of course, just what it costs me. Looks like this card can fit in to "Padded flat rate envelope" which is $16.95 to anywhere in the world. Just a thought...
Cool a SI in the area!